SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   RIP Ronda "Keyweird" Thorp (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/327527-rip-ronda-keyweird-thorp.html)

BuddinK 03-30-2014 07:27 PM

RIP Ronda "Keyweird" Thorp

My friend Ronda aka Keyweird passed away this morning. She had been battling cancer for most of the last year.

When I first stopped drinking, she was a great help to me and I will never forget how she helped me.

She had a relapse in the middle of last year and I was glad to be able to return the favor by showing her this site, she really loved the chat rooms and quickly made many friends here.

When she was diagnosed with cancer, she could have easily gone back to her drinking ways, but she resolved to fight without drinking. I am very proud of her for holding on to that fight.

Ronda, Thank You for being my friend during good and bad times. I will miss you>

Love
Ken

Dee74 03-30-2014 07:29 PM

I'm really sorry to read this Ken...but keyweird was inspirational to me too.
May she rest easy now.

I'm sorry for your loss.
D

Dollyangel17 03-30-2014 07:29 PM

So for your loss Ken. She sounds like a great friend.

360shoes 03-30-2014 07:39 PM

I'm so sorry Ken.
She was class and grace and showed us all what living sober really means.

venuscat 03-30-2014 07:43 PM

Many of us had the pleasure of Rhonda's beautiful company in the chat room,
and were deeply inspired by her.

This is so so sad. She was such a beautiful person, and so courageous.

Rest in peace lovely woman.

Venus

deeker 03-30-2014 07:50 PM

I am sorry for your loss BuddinK

Opivotal 03-30-2014 08:07 PM

Rhonda "keyweird" loved to laugh and had such a lovely personality. We would often joke about taking road trips and sampling all the yummy food along the way.

We had a special SR Bus and all our friends were invited. Everyone had a specific duty. Rhonda and I passed many hours chatting away about life, sobriety and her family.

She loved the SR Chat Meetings and passed along such love and encouragement to everyone, especially the newcomers.

My heart is heavy to hear this news.

Rest in peace, dear Rhonda...the pain is over. Your spirit will forever grace our SR Chat room.

:Flower: :candle:

CAPTAINZING2000 03-30-2014 08:15 PM

Sorry for your loss of a good friend

AuntieSoso 03-30-2014 08:16 PM

:cries3:

sugarbear1 03-30-2014 08:31 PM

You have my deepest condolences.

Key's strengths, her inspiration and kindness, among many others, helped me immensely.

She will always be loved and missed.

neferkamichael 03-30-2014 09:02 PM

For Keyweird

http://www.beliefnet.com/~/media/01C...=400&h=300&c=1 Oh great mother goddess, goddess of all the gods, creator of all things. You have folded your loving wings around our beautiful sister Keyweird and taken her to the realm of eternal happiness, may she live in peace forever. :egypt:

LSC1 03-30-2014 09:16 PM

Key will be sorely missed in the chat room. Thanks for letting us know Ken.

MythOfSisyphus 03-30-2014 10:43 PM

I'm so sorry for her passing, but I'm grateful you posted this, BuddinK. The fact that she hadn't posted for so long made me fear the worst.

I must make a confession; I was so angry when I found out about her cancer. It does no good, I know that, but it's just so unfair that she finally turned the corner in the battle against addiction only to have to face cancer, too. It was so inspiring and at once humbling to see the grace and courage she displayed in her war on two front. She could have laid down and gave up and no one could have faulted her in the least. She was the best of us.

RIP, Keyweird/Ronda. I will not forget you so long as I live, and you will continue to inspire others as long as SR is around.

To the mods, is there some way to sticky this notification? At least til her many friends get a chance to see it?

LadyinBC 03-30-2014 10:46 PM

Oh my goodness so sorry to hear this. Yes, I know I have responded to some of her posts and I am familiar with her name on the boards.

Feeling so sad tonight :(.

Venecia 03-31-2014 08:22 AM

BuddinK, thank you for sharing this news, albeit sad news.

Key Weird was a cherished member of our support meetings here on SR. She faced her illness with dignity and grace. She always offered such heartfelt encouragement to others on this path.

Rest peacefully, Key. You have left an imprint in every life you touched. You will be missed.

Anna 03-31-2014 08:37 AM

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I hope that Rhonda is in peace now.

I'm sorry for your loss, Ken, and as many have said, we all feel her loss here. Her positive spirit, in spite of her serious illness, was amazing to me and I will never forget that.

firstymer 03-31-2014 10:48 AM

Thank you for this post, Ken. Rhonda's positive approach to life, even in the face of her cancer diagnosis, was inspirational to me in the early weeks of my recovery. She will be missed.

Leshar 03-31-2014 10:54 AM

Oh my, I am so sad to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know. I had great respect for this lady in that she guarded her sobriety fiercely in the face of a terminal diagnosis. That is courage indeed. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

huntingtontx 03-31-2014 12:55 PM

Thank you for sharing the news. I will never forget Key. She was a fun and loving person. On our pretend bus trips she loved to be the door greeter. She will be missed.

Gilmer 03-31-2014 03:24 PM

I'm very sorry, Ken.