Notices

11weeks but fell lat night

Old 03-30-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11weeks but fell lat night

So today would have been 11weeks, but I fell off the wagon last night. Drank 8 beers. In the past that would have been 15-20, but it really doesn't matter, I gave in and am now paying the price. So here we go again, hangover anxiety, disoriented and just overall feel like doo doo. I wasn't having any cravings until this past week. I noticed I was eating more junk food and sweets. I should have reached out to someone, but obviously did not. The good news is, I am now thoroughly reminded if why I quit, I just can't handle these hangovers. Does a anybody think I might experience detox again? I'm starting over and will have to remind myself that drinking wasn't even fun last night and today is going to be a tough one. Any encouraging words would really help. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congratulations for coming on here after slipping for only one night. I didn't let it go on and on and on ! You deserve a pat on the back for recognizing your mistake and quickly correcting. My personal feeling is and I'm no doctor, but I don't think you'll have a major detox/withdrawal time. It was only one night , so you'll probably feel like crap today and better tomorrow. Can you go for a run, workout, sauna today ? If not today, tomorrow ? You're doing awesome with 11 weeks - don't let yourself get down over one night. You got a valuable thing out of that - you know NOW, it's NOT the fun you thought it was ! Just dust yourself off and get back on the horse. You've got a Life to live yet !
Old 03-30-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Welcome back

I tried one too many times to do it on my own. When I was out of options I gave AA a serious try and much to my surprise it worked
Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congrats on 76 days!

Its always amazing how we can forget just how awful drinking can make us feel, no?

Welcome back. Get on that horse again! You can do this!
Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The time sober isn't taken away. Learn from it and move on...
Old 03-30-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think it's great you got back online and told us what happened. I for one didn't have the courage to do this after I picked up again.

Hang in there!
Old 03-30-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't know about the detox, but remember how you feel now the next time you get a craving to drink. It works great for me.
Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day and you can begin anew.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Consider it a learning experience and move forward. Slipping or relapsing sucks, but we can really learn a lot to make us stronger and more prepared for next time.

Figure out what triggered it- thoughts, not reaching out for enough support etc. and make a plan for how to deal with those things in the future.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I can imagine how disappointed you feel, but you've had the courage to start again - and to tell us lot all about it too! Let this experience drive you to a permanent change. Having had 11 weeks, you've shown that you can do this xx
Old 03-30-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Just pick yourself up again Vincenz xxxxxx
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Vincenz I know just how you feel - been there many times.

It sounds like you learned something valuable though. That's what really counts. The last time I picked up it led me to a very long binge. It sounds like you immediately felt regret for what happened - and you are ready to continue on your sober path. Maybe you'll be even more determined now.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I hope this serves as a lesson to anyone thinking about drinking. I've been awake for 8 hours now and the anxiety and physical symptoms are getting worse. 8 lousy beers and I feel everybit as sick and hungover as if I drank 18. I remember when I took that first drink last night I immediately felt a buzzing feeling in my head and temples. Not a good buzz, but rather a feeling like I just took a drink of poison and yet still kept drinking. We alcoholics are a sad bunch aren't we? I knew I had inventory today to. I'm really not sure what I was thinking
Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Vincenz

what support do you have besides SR?

D
Old 03-30-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No support really. I just woke up one day and was fed up with being hungover all the time. It wasn't until the 10th week that I started having cravings. After how awful I feel today though, I just k or I can't do this anymore. If I ever get a major craving again ill contact someone from the AA 24hr line.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why wait Vincenzo?

D