Notices

21 days today....7300 to go

Old 03-28-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

21 days today....7300 to go

I'm a drunk, and I hate it. I don't drink every day, only on Friday or Saturday, but when I do, I leave smoking craters and destruction behind. I start with a few beers, and feel the need to keep drinking. I have been a weekend drinker for 39 years. I started drinking at 15, and became quite good at it. Life of the party, and all that crap, I could out drink anyone. Wow, what a great skill, drink myself stupid, damn near every weekend. I never drink Monday to Thursday, but when the weekend comes, the stupid light comes on in my head.

3 weeks ago, I hit a new low. I stumbled into our house at 2 AM, covered in blood, ripped clothes, and a police night stick in my hand. I remember being about to be thrown in jail, but I fought my way out. I live in a Central American country, and believe me, you don't want to spend any time in jail here. I beat the hell out of 2 innocent cops, lucky they didn't find me and more importantly, thank God I didn't kill them. I don't really remember anything else, just that i have to stop drinking, before its too late for me.

I have gone 21 days, and it seems to be going ok...except tonite we went out to a local gathering place, and it drove me nuts watching people drink. I was not enticed to drink, I just got mad...I mean really pissed, because I couldn't have a drink. I miss it...and am positive life won't be as much fun.

The last 5 years I have been drunk every weekend, most times I can't remember half the night. 21 days no drinking, I feel better, but don't know if I can go on without my beers........
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Press99

I think a lot of us wonder how we'll be without our beers...the best way to find that out is one day at a time

None of us would stay sober if we felt we lost out on the deal...just give it some time.

I think you'll find that support can really help

congrats on your 3 weeks !

D