Notices

Codeine Addiction

Old 03-28-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codeine Addiction

HI..
Well here it goes I'm addicted to codeine.. have been for about 3 years and its just getting worse I can't function with out it. I originally started taking it for period pain and it was great then as I have gotten older and had children I hurt my knee and was put on tablets with codeine, once the knee felt better I kept taking them and now I have to travel to chemists all over town to get a pack.
I feel terrible and hate that I have done this but it has to end everytime I think thats it I'm not buying another packet bang I'm at the chemists again hoping not to be recognised and get my pills or something comes up and I think oh well I will just get some more for this week then monday rolls around and I can't do it, the withdrawals are terrible my legs hurt and I'm in the toilet all the time and I give in and get more.
I have to do this for me.. the mind just won't let me at the moment and it won't win, i can do this and I will.
I have been reading about so many stories on here and to the ones that have kicked the habit well done and to the ones like me who haven't just yet, we just have to keep trying and we will get there.
Thanks for reading and soon I'm sure i will be back on here telling you all of my wonderful withdrawal symptoms stay strong everyone.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Coco

I'm glad you found us - codeine withdrawal sounds pretty rough, but you'll find a wealth of support here.

we have a class of March support gropup you might want to check out

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D
Old 03-28-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you I will have a look