Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 6

Old 03-29-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Believe me it's a huge improvement.

This might sound a little bratty... but I kind of wish he would stop asking me if it's ok if he has a glass of wine. because it always reminds me that I'm not having one... I often get a little craving when he says that
Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Believe me it's a huge improvement.

This might sound a little bratty... but I kind of wish he would stop asking me if it's ok if he has a glass of wine. because it always reminds me that I'm not having one... I often get a little craving when he says that
Have you thought about talking to him about this?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Yes I think it just occurred to me that this is what's going on. I think I'll say something. But I hope he doesn't explode because I'm complaining about him doing something nice or whatever
Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I hope it goes well for you Ilya.

/hugs
Old 03-29-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

It was fine. Haha. It just reminded me of when I asked him to stop offering me drinks. I felt apprehensive and foreign

Today was day 20, and that means that tomorrow is 3 weeks! When has that ever happened? If it has, I don't remember it because I was probably twelve years old. Ha! That's 20 years.

I have a breakfast meeting with my friend (fingers crossed!) and yet another work related meeting in a bar lined up tomorrow. Here's the kicker: I've already texted the bartender, who is a friend and old drinking buddy, and told her to make me virgin drinks! It makes me feel a lot more comfortable.

So I think I've planned as much as I could. Plus this whole side project really is taking up all of my free time and I don't like to drink when I have to focus. Except these days I don't resent the work standing in between me and my drink. I just do the work.

I was feeling so weird about my friend earlier, but I think at this point I'm really enjoying the ability to see things from different angles and empathize. Even if it does take me to dark, analytical waters. I'm thinking outside the box much more freely and I think abstract thinking is really important.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Congrats on three weeks!

I'm glad the talk with your husband went well. It's got to rest your mind a bit easier.

That's awesome that you know the bartender and can really set yourself up to avoid temptation tomorrow. It never hurts to ask for help and have someone help look out for you.

Myself personally, I'm looking forward to the day my brain really kicks back in.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hey guys checking in. Dont have time to read everyone's posts because i am on a break at work.

I just wanted to say that God is looking out for me.

I accidentally left my ID at home so I cant go out with anyone after work tonight as I had planned.

I am grateful because tonight I am feeling unsteady.

I see everyone drinking wine with their meals tonight and I wish I could do that. Everyone is on a date or hanging out with friends.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Whew! We did all we could on the application before the website just wouldn't let us do it anymore. Hopefully we can get it done in time. We have been uninsured for a very long time. And I'd love to go to the doctor and find out all the damage I did! Lol

Anyway we did not fight. We even had some laughs. My husband got defensive a couple of times but I kept cool and didn't engage. Sigh.
Iilya you showed great strength keeping it together. As hard as that was it would have been 100 times harder if drinking. Congratulations!!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Hey, Jade! Thanks for checking in!

I'm glad you aren't going out if you aren't feeling steady. Very good thing your ID is at home. Hopefully, you get to go home soon and you don't have to look at folks drinking.

I'll be thinking about you! /hugs
Old 03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Oh wow Jade. That's crazy. I'm sorry you're not able to go out but at the same time, if you're feeling unsteady it must be a relief to have something like that happen!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Day 19 coming to a close. I had 100 opportunities to drink today, especially at my parents place where there are 30 bottles of just about anything I could get wasted on. In the past, when no one was looking, I took big swigs to get the buzz going and felt like crap the rest of the night trying not to have "too much more" (which I always did) and trying so hard to hide the fact that I was drunk and trying not to slur etc.
Boy my AV had fun with this today saying things like "Chris you are all alone and in 10 seconds you can have a huge buzz going on a huge gulp of vodka. Who would know?".
Me: "I would know! Leave me alone!! Get back in your corner you obey me!!".
I am so grateful I am sober another day.
Love and hugs to you all Marchers!
See you on day 20 tomorrow!
-Chris
Old 03-29-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Chris, I was just thinking of you. How are you?

If we had been drinking we would have fought. No question.

Here's the lowdown on my relationship: we are very volatile, moody, passionate people. At times we behave like children who can't share. We are stubborn. We often butt heads. We are often butt heads.

I feel, in some ways, that I'm ahead of him emotionally and I'm able to think before reacting more often. I think it's because I have had a lot of tough times and he's had very few. But because of this I also get frustrated and we really just set each other off.

Removing alcohol abuse from this relationship is aiding our quest to communicate better and be kinder to each other.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Chris!

Sounds like you had a very successful night! Way to shut down your AV! I love the emoticon by the way.

Congrats on 19 days! ON your way to three weeks!

Love and hugs to you too, Chris!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

We often butt heads. We are often butt heads.
Okay, I LOL'ed at this.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Chris, I was just thinking of you. How are you?

If we had been drinking we would have fought. No question.

Here's the lowdown on my relationship: we are very volatile, moody, passionate people. At times we behave like children who can't share. We are stubborn. We often butt heads. We are often butt heads.

I feel, in some ways, that I'm ahead of him emotionally and I'm able to think before reacting more often. I think it's because I have had a lot of tough times and he's had very few. But because of this I also get frustrated and we really just set each other off.

Removing alcohol abuse from this relationship is aiding our quest to communicate better and be kinder to each other.
Ilya, thanks for asking. I am doing amazingly well. I am on one of those UPS on the crazy UP and down roller coaster of this healing process and journey of sobriety. I had three REALLY rough nights last week so I will gladly take these two easier days I've had. I don't take anything for granted I know some rough days may lie ahead. I am staying vigilant and keeping my guard always up against the seductive AV and looking to you all as my support system for which I am so grateful !
I am exhausted and just tucked my daughter into bed and am about to go to bed myself. Only 9:40pm here but I am ready to read for 15 minutes and then drift off to sleep.
Thanks for asking about me. I pray you have a great evening and a smoother day tomorrow. I cannot express how proud I am of us all it almost brings tears to my eyes. Good night, Chris
Old 03-29-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Chris!

Sounds like you had a very successful night! Way to shut down your AV! I love the emoticon by the way.

Congrats on 19 days! ON your way to three weeks!

Love and hugs to you too, Chris!
Thanks Aarry. Good night
Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Congrats Taproot ! One day at a time really worked for me. Each day, things got a bit better and I expressed gratitude for it. Some days it was an hour at a time.

Try to be gentle with yourself, keep posting, it gets better. It really does. You deserve Sobriety and Peace.

Sobriety is a fantastic way to Live, there is an incredible Power in it.

Be Well.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi,

Day 2 and feeling a little bit less paranoid/regrets. Did not sleep well at all but this seems usual.

Thanks all for supportive comments.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good morning from sunny Ireland (for the moment anyway).

Chris, Illya, Jade et all great wins for you. Thanks for sharing and thanks to the other Classmates who helped you.

It's daylight saving time here. Does it happen all over the world and at the same time? I could Google it, but asking you is more fun!

Every day is getting better for me. is under control and when he does rumble, he's quickly put back in his place.

Thanks again for the emoticon Aarry. I accept that some may snigger, but the visualisation really helps me. Chris, I see you have also found one for yourself. Good find!

My plan for the day includes lots of clean up in the garden. Delighted to find that, for me, sobriety an procrastination are mutually exclusive

Best wishes to you all and I hope you get to enjoy a longer /evening in your respective time zones.

Peace

Last edited by Sparkos; 03-30-2014 at 01:09 AM. Reason: stupid emoticon didn't work
Old 03-30-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Well done on completing day 1 TTT.
Relish these hangover free mornings, they just get better.