Notices

Life

Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life

Thought I posted earlier but saying I haven't, please don't think I want to write twice, only once. I have a husband who is a alcoholic, and life lately has been rough. We have always lived a roller coaster life but lately seems to be more bad then good lately. He comes and goes as he pleases, bar right after work home when everybody is in bed, stays out very late, we have 3 kids, who know he isn't home much. He says why does it matter your sleeping, well every time I'm not sleeping. He can be very nasty and moody, and well turn things back on me, it's hard to not take it personal. I'm confused, alone, and don't know what to do, I have asked him to leave, I get back I'm not going anywhere you married me, get over yourself, and I'm not changing your love isn't enough for me to do that. It's such a lonely life that I never wanted, I want a husband not a room mate that comes and goes as he pleases. Glad I found this site.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Sunhat. Love the name xxxx
Old 03-27-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sun

there is nothing wrong with what you are asking for, you deserve it. sounds like your husband is an alcoholic, which might be impossible to deal with. but what ever, i would put your kids as number one.
come to the chat room and talk to people who can relate to you and your hubby.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sunhat

You'll find a lot of support and understanding here.

I hope you'll also look at out Family and Friends forums too - you'll find a lot of support & experience down there too

D
Old 03-27-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Your husband isn't acting much like a husband, is he? Have you considered going to AlAnon meetings for support for yourself? Here's the link to the forum Dee mentioned. Give it a look and see if you find any familiar stories.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-27-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you're with us Sunhat. Many here have been through the same thing - you are not alone.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Sunhat! Welcome! Don't worry about your love not being enough to change your H. We pretty much start out with The Three C's: you didn't Cause it, you can't Control it and you can't Cure it. There are also some great posts at the top of the Friends and Family board called stickies with some great info.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's very sad, you and the children deserve so much better, don't let him tell you otherwise.
He needs to decide what he wants, family life, or a bar-hopping bachelor life, he can't have both..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm sorry you are having to deal with such a lousy situation.