Notices

I have honest for ya'.......

Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

MemphisBlues - it will be a long, long time (if ever) before I forget your post. Sobering.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

An informative & helpful thread - with many wonderful responses that mean a lot.

Raider we look forward to next Tuesday and the N.T.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Oh Raider,
I so miss it too!! I battle with the thought all the time!!! I miss drinking too, BIG time!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

You don't miss the drink you miss the fantasy that was the drink - not the night terrors and seizures etc.

Most poeple who tell you how great everythign is in the first couple month end up relapsing. If you think you got htis beat with a month or two undeer your belt and you an alcoholic well, human nature has a way to play tricks on the psyche. Most will stop their step work or stop what is working and then the mindset changes and a relspase occurs a couple months later and they ask what happened?

The fact you are being honest is good. I felt like **** at 7 weeks. My pink cloud was fading and the newness was ending and I was still left with all my sh!t to deal with. Only problem was my coping mechanisms were all gone - except for sugar. So I ate and ballooned up but I did not drink. Well about a month ago (I am 7 months today), things changed. That change was developign faith and trusting my process. I have chronicled it here and it has not been a bed of roses but every challenge was worth the effort to get to where I am at now.

I don't worry about things I don't control. I am able to turn those over. I worry about doing the next right thing and being rigorlously honest to myself and others. I also meditate daily.

I hope you can trust the program Raider. I have been with you from the start and know about all the stuff you have overcome to get here. Know you still under the mental spell and you have to trust to break that. You have more work to do - up the recovery, reading, meditation but hold on. When you think you can't hold on any longer, hold on.

The forest might be dark sometimes but there is an amazing field when you can punch through - so the only advice is just hold on!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Raider, Well I'm just past 7 weeks? You are FANTASTIC, congratulations. Early on in an AA meeting an old timer said to a bunch of newbies sometime to the effect, your not gonna graduate from a class here, sobriety is a lifestyle change, it ain't gonna make ya happy, and it ain't gonna make ya rich and famous either, and that stuck in my mind. At over 3 years sober now I still "expect" instant satisfaction out of everything I do every minute of the day. That's what addiction does, demands 24/7 pleasure from us and it was extremely annoying in the early days for me as well. It took me a while to overcome the chatterbox in my brain, and I can honestly say I'm better off not drinking. Rootin for ya.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Raider - I've just seen this thread. Plenty of good feedback. Only 2 months sober, but I'm finding the quality of my days depend on what sort of progressive things I've done in a day. I need constructive action otherwise I feel unfulfilled. I recognize this may now be another compulsion, but it has benefits and no negative side effects so far.

You have come very far even though you don't feel it daily!