Notices

Waiting for something

Old 03-27-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good going! I would like to toss this out there- no amount of social expectation or peer pressure can override your need to be sober. No matter the culture, anyone who expressed dismay that you're not drinking and expects you to be drunk next time...WOW! Just...wow. That person needs to look in the mirror. That type of ignorance isn't going to help you at all. Instead of examining your reasons for quitting you should examine the company you keep. Maybe a lifestyle change is in order.

Rant mode off! Congrats on the 90 days!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is easy as you get well to lose sight of the "sheer weight" of this disease. I don't know how I managed to drag myself around so many years and yet that iconic glass of wine, the one that would make everything fun and light again tells me (even at 6 months sober) that it's ok, just one, you can handle it. Complete BS, yeah maybe I could control it initially but then I would be back to chasing it, it would occupy everything. No, not again. It's so much better to be free. Gotta remember that. Sometimes I need reminding. Thanks for your post and stay strong!