Notices

How long does insomnia & restless sleep last?

Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long does insomnia & restless sleep last?

The title kind of says it all, but does it ever go away and if so, when? I basically feel like I haven't really slept in almost a month. I toss and turn all night long and am increasingly getting up earlier and earlier because I don't want to lay there and try to go back to sleep. I'm obviously sleeping more than I think because I don't really feel tired or groggy during the night, but I'm so much longing for a long night of uninterrupted sleep.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lance

I think it varies for people - mine was only a week or so - if it's really impacting your life, maybe it's time to consider seeing a Dr?

D
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It took me quite awhile prolly cause a drank alot! Many sleepless nights .My withdrawals were pretty bad! It will pass! Bare with it! I stay up late now for some reason but I'm sleeping good! Crazy dreams but I like weird dreams! 80 days tomorrow!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive always had insomnia and restless sleep, although drinking always made it worse. I either slept so deeply for 3 hours and nothing could wake me up or I slept for 5-10 mins every now and then.

This week I've been sleeping more though still broken but waking up feeling more refreshed. Hopefully it will settle down for you soon
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm experiencing the opposite problem. All I want to do is sleep. It's so bad I'm going to see the doc about it. I could sleep 12hrs and still need a nap.

the problem probably isn't related to my sobriety but a part of me wonders if it is