Notices

New, I don't know what to do

Old 03-25-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Blackbeard!
Good for you for wanting more for yourself than that! Hang in there. You will learn to live without alcohol. It's hard at first but you can find a lot of support to get it done.

I quit in my 20's when everyone else was drinking. I actually loved it...after I got through the early hard part. I was different than everyone else. I loved being different. I was just as much fun, never made an a** of myself! never spent money I didn't have! and never woke up feeling like cr*p. Tired sometimes because I could hang late in the night having real fun! My favorite was being designated driver. It was fabulous to drive late at night knowing that I nothing to fear. It was great. I actually got tons of dates because in all reality most people don't want to really date a heavy drinker. Unless they are heavy drinkers. Whole nother story there but you get the point.

Be unique and different and be your best self. That's the flip side of being young and a non drinker.

It took me a little while to learn to be myself after I quit back then but boy once I embraced it, I ran with it!

You can either look at it as you are missing something or you can look at it as the best thing you could do for yourself. I vote #2.

Some friends may think you aren't as fun but your real ones will think you are fabulous. What kind of real friend wants anyone to drink themselves to a blackout? I wouldn't wish that on a stranger let alone someone I called friend.

You can do it! Welcome!
Old 03-25-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Do you believe you are an alcoholic? Maybe I Missed it, Didn't see you mention it.
I abuse alcohol and am unable to control my drinking. So it depends how you define alcoholic, and what you think the difference between alcoholic and alcohol dependant are, if any.

I think I have a problem that I'd like to solve before it gets me in over my head.

I wouldn't argue with someone if they called me an alcoholic.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Identifying with a certain label is not necessary for me. Identifying the problem (alcohol) and solving it (quitting for good) is how I have taken my life back and been able to make goals, meet them, and create the life I want.