Notices

What constitutes a perfect day for you ?

Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

What constitutes a perfect day for you ?

As my life slows down, from the frenetic pace it was in my 20's trying to establish myself in a male dominated industry, finding a mate and partying until the roosters crowed, and the absurdly frenetic pace raising a family brought with it in my 30's, I have been reflecting on how different a "perfect day" is in my 40's.

Now a sound slumber awakened to a non rushed meditation and prayer session, exercise, coupled with some productivity at work, home to a home cooked meal, a dog walk, and some reading and tea, and conversation with my family and friends, are the ways I love to spend my days now.

I find myself periodically thinking I'm missing out on something if I choose to embrace my current passions. But I quickly overcome that when I realize how gosh darn happy I am when I listen to my own truth...

What's a perfect day for you ?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Oh gosh a perfect day for me could include so many different things.

Really, any day where I'm not drinking, creating chaos, damaging my relationships, blocking out my kids, blacking out, and spouting off in a drunken rage are good days for me.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hit the nail on the head when you said when I realize how gosh darn happy I am when I listen to my own truth... To thine own self be true makes for pretty good days

Some components of a good looking day for me are strong coffee, time outdoors, reading something that stretches my understanding, listening to music (particularly choral & ancient), fellowship, particularly lunchtime meetings, playing the piano (badly) cat-time & quiet time for reflection...also love to throw in an exhibition or outing every so often...tomorrow am going to the see The Vikings exhib at the BM, and next week have tickets for David Sedaris (worth a read )
Old 03-23-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
Oh gosh a perfect day for me could include so many different things.

Really, any day where I'm not drinking, creating chaos, damaging my relationships, blocking out my kids, blacking out, and spouting off in a drunken rage are good days for me.
+1

I'm still new to being sober so this sounds like a perfect day for me!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

When I reach toward the night stand to turn off the light and I realize I didn't think about alcohol all day today.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My perfect day:
All day with the dog at the beach ending with a pocket full of rock treasures.

(David Sedaris is my all time favorite....put an evening at his show at the end of the beach and that would be the ultra-perfect day. )
Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like your 'perfect days' are a lot more grounded right now alpha. Even more importantly, those sound like very achievable goals - I bet you have a lot of them! That's the key I think!

I like a day where I can wake up early and take my time surfing the sports scores online. A cup of coffee, some fresh fruit, and a bike ride to get my day started, then a swim in the ocean after lunch is always nice. A healthy dinner and some time organizing my photography projects before a good book to round out the night!

I'm not qqqquiiite where I need to be to accomplish all of that, but I have been, and I will be again. In the meantime I make the best with what I have, and that's all any of us can do.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow. All of the above and no more snow for a long while

Funny how all the things we love are pretty simple and don't require riches to enjoy.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And while I don't have a perfect day as often as I would like, I do try to look for a perfect moment in each day.
Todays perfect moment was the dog helping me dig in the garden.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Every day I wake up and make it through the day sober is a perfect day for me. 2 years and 10 months and still counting.....
Old 03-23-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

A perfect day for me is not worrying about tomorrow. If I don't drink today I have nothing to worry about tomorrow.