Notices

Who the h3ll does this? So pathetic

Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm 33 with two kids and drove drunk many times with them in car who does that ? We all have done bad things drunk but all that matters is what we do today to stop it happening again ,, you are not pathetic your a sick alcoholic needing a different route to walk
Old 03-24-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Guilt makes us feel worse. Another symptom.
All down the drain thanks to my pathetic behavior. Day 1 starts today. Hoping its also day 1 of not being a sad human being.
Personally, I don't feel anything is down the drain and that includes even short sobriety stints. Thats quality time. Its learning to string quality together. Failure is when we stop trying. Pathetic? Maybe, but not irreparable.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mightyflea....

I've done it. Exactly that. Many, many, many times. Somehow I avoided losing my job and ruining my life entirely - which only served as reassurance that I was "fine" and kept the cycle running.

I finally managed to put a stop for it which I hold faith and hope is the FINAL stop to it. How I did it was to start going to AA, coming here, working DAILY to remind myself all the many reasons that the sober life is the right life for me. Reminding myself of those drunken dazes on the road. All the shame and guilt and sickness and consequences. Posting here. Having a sponsor. Working on a program. Focusing on my health. EVERY. DAY.

I'm 41 and have two kids and just got back from a business trip in Europe. While there I used the events of the last time I was there not as nostalgia to fuel my cravings but - when those memories arose - as clear examples of why being there sober and going for runs every day I could was SO much better than being there in a drunken haze.

You really CAN do it. You're not a pathetic person, you're an alcoholic. You need to take that first step of hitting that straight on. You're an alcoholic and your life has become unmanageable.

Give in to that fully, and follow the sober path and you will soon discover how much better it truly is.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi flea, yes alcoholism or whatever you want to identify with does feel pathetic, that is one of the symptoms- normal drinkers stop before they do things that make them feel this way. This does not mean you are pathetic.

"Day 1 starts today. Hoping its also day 1 of not being a sad human being." If you really want to improve your life, it is likely going to take more than hope. You will need a plan, will need to act on that plan, and support.

best wishes
Old 03-24-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MnEman View Post
Hi flea, yes alcoholism or whatever you want to identify with does feel pathetic, that is one of the symptoms- normal drinkers stop before they do things that make them feel this way. This does not mean you are pathetic.

"Day 1 starts today. Hoping its also day 1 of not being a sad human being." If you really want to improve your life, it is likely going to take more than hope. You will need a plan, will need to act on that plan, and support.

best wishes
yep..... he's right.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hope is a good thing to have, but as a loveable old man I used to know was fond of saying;

"If ya hope in one hand and pisss in the other, one of 'em is gonna fill up first"