Notices

You can lie to SR, they'll never know

Old 03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I guess well have to disagree. I am learning that drinking in moderation for anyone as rather pointless. Either theyre getting intoxicated, where they become someone they're not, or they aren't and they're wasting their money imbibing a toxic substance, that if invented now would never get onto the market. So this whole "drinking is great for some people just not me because somehow im broken" is not a lens in which i view it from. I realise this defict model is one that AA preaches but i dont mean to criticise it, just to say it isnt for me.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I lied for years - probably 98% of the time I never got found out and the other 2% I blustered my way out...

but every time I did, a little bit more of my soul died and I moved another step away from the person I wanted to be.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-23-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lookingforhelp123: That's completely O.K. that you say it's not for you, since, if you're an alcoholic, it's not for you nor for me either. Disapproving of others who drink in moderation and seem to enjoy it isn't going to hurt them either. The important thing is for me not to drink and to remain sober and I sense that that's the important thing for you too. As for the others,
"Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg !" (Native American name for a Massachusetts pond, said to mean, "I fish on my side, you fish on your side and nobody fish in the middle!")

W
Old 03-23-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We all have a white dog and a black dog on our shoulder so to speak the white dog is the sober one the black dog is the drunk one , we alcoholics decide which one to feed and make grow toooo many times I've fed the black dog and regretted feeding it so life's lessons has made me realise only to feed the white dog on my shoulder and stay sober . I hope this made sense
Old 03-23-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Congrats on 3 days
Honesty is the spiritual part of the program. That hit me real hard @ the beginning but is constant reminder now coz I have to sleep w/ myself @ end of every day
Old 03-23-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Looking4Help123 View Post
I guess well have to disagree. I am learning that drinking in moderation for anyone as rather pointless. Either theyre getting intoxicated, where they become someone they're not, or they aren't and they're wasting their money imbibing a toxic substance, that if invented now would never get onto the market. So this whole "drinking is great for some people just not me because somehow im broken" is not a lens in which i view it from. I realise this defict model is one that AA preaches but i dont mean to criticise it, just to say it isnt for me.
I'm not sure it comes from AA but I'm gonna disagree with you anyway too LOL

My dad is a normal drinker...there's been times he's over imbibed and fell asleep but mostly he just has a couple and he wants no more. When he's driving he doesn't have any.

My mum usually has one and leaves most of the glass.

There are responsible drinkers out there, even if there sound like aliens to us.

I do get it. I demonised alcohol for a little while and that was probably good for me to do that.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the way I see it my problems with alcohol are my own. I try not to universalise them anymore.

D