Notices

Grateful to be out of the tunnel

Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful to be out of the tunnel

New to this site. Almost have seven months. A year ago I was in such a dark place. In three years or so I went thru 2 detoxes, month rehab in Costa Rica, divorce, ex kept $ condo and dog, mom went thru chemo for colon cancer (she's fine now), put myself in the hospital twice with pancreatitis (triglyceride count was over 3,000, had a plasma exchange) etc etc. and thru all of this I was drinking all day every day, with brief periods of sobriety thrown in. By the end if it I was so done. I thought I was using alchohol as self medication for my severe anxiety. But by the end of my drinking that wasn't working anymore. I was just a mess. I had enough. So 210 days later the difference is astounding. I've been going to AA meetings pretty much every day. Have a sponsor (who I don't call enough). Going on commitments. Have a home group(s). Try to pray and give thanks every night. I'm just so grateful that I'm building up some time. I still have problems, finances, drunk roommates etc, but mentally, physically and spiritually I am in such a better place. I just stay humble, grateful and take everything a day at a time.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Congrats on 7 months!