Notices

Old 03-22-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Newbie

Hi all
Wow I am so glad I found this site. I have been sober for 18.5 months. I HAD to stop drinking (and SUGAR) because I developed a painfull auto-immune condition and decided to heal it with a holistic approach. This involved quitting alchohol and sugar to heal my GI tract. It has been HARD, HARD, HARD. I feel like I have spent too much time worrying that this might be forever, feeling resentful of others that drink around me with abandon with no regard to balance or health. My sister and my husband are alcoholics. They support me on some minor level, but continue to drink a ton. Rest of my family too. I do apreciate that I sleep really well, my health is continuing to improve, my skin is clear, my energy is fantastic, and that every night when I kiss my children goodnight, my breath does NOT smell like alchohol. After treatment my doctor does not want me to drink, but she said people that are moderate in their drinking can drink a little. I used to drink 6 days a week. 2-3 glasses of wine. 1 or 2 coctails on weekends. I rarely ever got drunk, but often got tipsy. Rarely ever a hangover. But the trend of drinking a few nights a week spread into 6. Now I know I must have been heading into alcoholism. Especially now that I think about it so much. Just working on a new way of thinking. Thanks so much for reading
Old 03-22-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

18 months! Fantastic! Your new way of thinking is certainly working for you. Keep it up!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome and congrats on your sober time. I love living sober. It's so much simpler than the drinking life.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome MimiJ...Congrats on 18 months
I hope you'll continue with sobriety - it really sounds like it agrees with you

D