Notices

Looking 4 encouragement

Old 03-22-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking 4 encouragement

I'm here again at 34 and praying that I make it thru to the other side where I can begin to feel the real meaning of life and happiness in my heart as it were before when things seemed so simple an pure. Back there I guess it seemed simple because I was just happy and loved my life and family and doing normal things like a normal person and it was easy to laugh and be confident it was all I knew and I want the old me back. I've been on one drug or drink everyday since I was 18 and for the last 5 years atleast 100mgs methadone daily and I feel like a zombie . I'm on day three again and I guess I'm hoping to hear a message or anything from anyone who's out there that know where I am so that I can keep hanging on.......
Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and many here can identify with what your going through, hang in there.
My strong suggestion is to get medical attention as this withdrawal timeframe is very dangerous. For myself I chose detox and rehab to relearn what life can be like.

BE WELL
Old 03-22-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Life can get simple again!
The hard work now will pay off in quite a short term.
Anxiety and the struggle that goes on can't kill you but it can keep you awake, rest when you can,drink and eat as well as you can.
Keep in touch here and it can be done .
Day 3 not easy but day 1+2 are a real show of strength, keep going.
Life is there for the taking.
John.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies I'm more ready now than ever before and I have the best intentions but it's funny the very thing I'm struggling to regain is, the very thing I used for so long to destroy!! God's gift of life!!! I can't get back what I wasted but I can get back what were the happiest times of my life as I remember them the sober ones!! Thanks for paying it forward to me I hope I spend the rest of my life doing the same
Old 03-22-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just tough it out, you won't regret this when you're better. The fact that you want to is the most important thing. No one who doesn't have the will is gonna make it.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Zombie dude will start to fade and then you start to discover a real human living in that body. I felt like a shell of a person near the end of my drinking and then I was in this fog, as they call it, during the early stages of sobriety.

I felt like it would never end but little by little, I started getting things back. My concentration and focus gradually increased, my body slowly stopped doing wacky stuff, and I just felt better.

It takes time though and you must avoid getting discouraged. There will be rough spots. That's where SR comes in handy, tell us how you feel and I bet many have been there too.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm 35 and have finally been able to build up almost seven months. I know where you are, that first week/month was hell. I had a horrible anxiety disorder/panic attacks, so every time I tried to get sober was absolute hell. Just know that if you get thru where you are right now you never have to go through it again, ever. I know it can seem impossible but just take it ten minutes at a time, an hour at a time, and then hours will become days , will become weeks. The quality of my state of mind is sooooo much better. My anxiety is 10% of what it used to be. Stick with it, it's worth it I promise you. And find people, meetings meetings meetings meetings