Notices

Pain meds and sobriety

Old 03-22-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

AO. I am sorry that you are dealing with this. The root of "what they will find" surely has gotten you in a space of being scared. I know this surgery that you are facing is not a walk in the park, but you will be better off after it is over. It is good to see that you have maintained your resolve and stayed sober despite all that you are facing. Fear is a powerful thing. Dont let fear take control. Know that you are in good hands with your doctors and we are all here to support you. You are doing some amazing work AO.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Good luck. It is cool you have fear, I think the fear will drive you to action to ensure that you don't go backwards. I would be more scared if you didn't care.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Alpha, I haven't been around for several days for the first time in a year, I think my reason may be of help to you. As a rule I don't have pain issues but on Tuesday night I went to bed, slept fine but woke up with a pretty sore back. I went to work on Wednesday but my back was in spasms by Thursday, long story short it was a pinched sciatic nerve. I got medical treatment, I'm still hobbling a bit but a lot better today but I took all the pain medication I was allowed to and I don't regret it for a second. Medication is there to take pain away, I could not deal with that constant throbbing pain so I took the medication.

I'm still completely twelve months sober -- I'm just a bit scared of what my bed might do to me next.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

If its prescribed as others have said, then recovery is still intact. I'm on percocet for knee injury from two yrs ago but still on it mainly coz need surgery but can't afford it but during winter months it's sorely painful esp when been on feet all day as today. Spring & summer can survive on ibuprofen 800 easy unless smthg happens out of the blue. But don't loose your peace & emotional sobriety over this if know doing the right thing by constantly saying Thy will be done
Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey if you use it as prescribed, in consultation with yr doctor, be open and honest about it and such you will be fine.

tell your av to go to hell......v