Notices

Feeling so tired.....

Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Low

Feeling so tired.....

I have 22 days today of no alcohol, pain pills, or cigarettes...a miracle in itself, but my question is---I am so tired every day, have some energy, then just hit a wall and nothing is getting done. I am trying to be easy on myself but it is frustrating....Can anyone offer any experience in this? Like, is this normal, will it pass etc.? I am eating well, hardly any sugar...but just exhausted.

Thanks for any input. Appreciate it.

Low
Old 03-21-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your recovery.

It might be a good idea to talk to your dr if you haven't already. I hope you feel better.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

22 days!!! That's great!!!
I had the same issue for a while after the 2 week period.
It goes away after a while.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First, well done on 22 days!!

If like me you abused your body for years, expect it to take time to heal itself and repair damage. That takes a lot of energy!
I would say that after a month or so if your energy level is not going up, talk to your doc.

No to be negative, but I read somewhere it can take about a year.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Low I definitely was exhausted for a couple of months. As Thepatman said, we have to heal from the punishment we've put ourselves through. I agree - check with your doctor if it doesn't start to improve.

Great job on your 22 days sober.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had that for almost 3 weeks - it's only gotten better in the last couple of days.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Low

Hey Lance, we have the same sobriety date almost, I am just one day ahead....sure feels good not waking up struggling to get through the day sick and hungover doesn't it? All the best.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Low View Post
Hey Lance, we have the same sobriety date almost, I am just one day ahead....sure feels good not waking up struggling to get through the day sick and hungover doesn't it? All the best.
Totally agreed! I'm still learning what to do with all the extra time! All the best to you too.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there! It beats a hangover, vomiting, anxiety and no money in your wallet doesn't it? It gets better - make sure you keep eating healthy, drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep; 6-8 hours. You're body is getting healthier every day but time takes time - patience...
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Took me a few months to get over being tired all the time. Proper Nutrition and Exercise helped.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Low

Thanks Bayard! That is the reminder I needed in my face today....feeling tired, sane, and happy OR horribly sick, calling in sick with guilt, scared to face the day, wallet lost, chasing the consequences of what I said or did...OK, I will take being tired for awhile....I always just want everything right away...thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duane1 View Post
Took me a few months to get over being tired all the time. Proper Nutrition and Exercise helped.
me too!
some days are blah, other days are energized. no real pattern to it. but looking to play a round of golf 2morrow. fresh air and sun and frustration all built into one. But I know I will still be walking straight when I come off 18
Old 03-21-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Low! Great work so far, congratulations! I was very tired for a couple of months after I stopped too. Take it easy and let your body and brain heal. You will feel terrific in a little while!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Low! Much congrats on conquering the trifecta , booze/pills/smokes, for 22days!! Very nice and respectable! It slowly gets better from here...perhaps try to slowly work in some exercise, even if its 20 minutes a day of walking. You'll be amazed at how it makes you feel over time! In my experience, it took a month or so to start getting some physical energy back...it was the mental relief of not having to fight the 800 lb gorilla every day that felt so great early on! Be brave and keep Livin the dream!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Low

Hi LivintheDream, Thank you! Yah, I have been exercising, going to the gym the last two weeks and walking...Walking helps with the nicotine cravings....and for me, if I smoke, I might as well drink and start popping the Norco's again, it's all tied in together for me. The responses I have received here have already helped me realize it is probably normal and to take it easy. I think especially considering I am getting clean from 3 poisons....been trying for 17 years...so I am so thankful for this awakening that has been handed me. Take care.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes it is normal I had a lot of naps on my first 3 months and at 90 days I went to get a check up. Everything was ok ..... Imagine what we put our body thru. I am at 8 months and I still get tired. Just go see a doc if you are concerned.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Low

I dunno about you but I drank for years - it takes a little time for the body to recuperate.

Of course do see your Dr if you're concerned

D
Old 03-23-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
me too!
some days are blah, other days are energized. no real pattern to it. but looking to play a round of golf 2morrow. fresh air and sun and frustration all built into one. But I know I will still be walking straight when I come off 18
Golf course too crowded. Had lunch w/friend and picked up potting supplies. One more thing I'll get to eventually...