Notices

First Friday

Old 03-21-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Friday

Day 4 and chugging along. Didn't think Friday would be an issue since it is pretty much like any other day around here, but I have found myself obsessing about a "Friday" glass of wine. My son has ball practice and usually I stay home while my hubby takes him which gave me lots of alone time with Chardonnay. Tonight might be a challenge. Perhaps I should take my younger child somewhere just to get away from the house and old routine.

Didn't sleep well at all last night so I think the tiredness is causing that voice in my head to sound louder.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Oh gosh this is how weekends are for me - Saturday and Sunday rather than Friday.

For 16 years my husband and I have gone out at least once for dinner on the weekend for beer (and then I buy more for home). I told him today that I can't go anymore on the weekends to restaurants that serve.

Definitely recommend switching up your routine. Maybe go for a walk or take your younger child somewhere to play - or out for an ice cream. Then if you are tired later you might try to lay in bed with a book (I do this with my Big Book and 12 and 12 but I'm not sure you are in AA). This also helps me get away from the fridge, thus slightly more removed from obsession.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days! Great idea to change up your routine - it can do wonders especially in the early days.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days! I'm newly sober myself - 29 days and counting. I also loved my chardonnay in my empty house when everyone was gone. The first 2 weeks I hated being alone for this reason. I became best friends with Netflix and watched lots of movies in my bedroom. Being downstairs where I used to drink was too much for me. I don't necessarily recommend hibernating in your bedroom like I did but perhaps switch up your routine.

I interestingly have now switched out wine for decaf coffee. My Keurig is going almost non-stop when I'm awake!

Hope you have a great (sober!) weekend!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, changing my routine really helped me.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Like the others, changing routine is a wonderful idea.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Making it even harder that it is March Madness. Haven't been alcohol free during March Madness except when pregnant. Bad timing!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am newly sober myself...17 days today. I was triggered really bad last night and I am still processing it now. So I can't wait for my AA meeting tonight. If AA is a little scary, I recommend an all women's meeting. Stay strong!