Notices

Some things I think/feel don't need posting...

Old 03-20-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No you're not babbling! I also believe you never know where you're light will shine. Wow, not often, in fact extremely infrequently, do I have a genuine change of heart. Yes, I do see the other side of the coin. Thank you. Yes, I will remember that when I post from now on. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sober 6 weeks and two days peaches.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just hope that if you are tempted you would reach out to SR before reaching for a drink. That's what it is here for. If we don't use it when we really need it then why are we here?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Raider. I have been on here long enough now to remember your rehab posts and everything since then and I love your joie de vivre. Reading your posts recently makes me smile because you seem to have gusto and that is really appealing. You have come so far and it shows.

And doggonecarl, your replies to posts may not immediately resonate with people who post once or twice and then disappear but you may have planted a seed. Even if that person doesn't ever come back, I always get something out of them and I know others who are on here do too. So thank you.

We could have a line dance of fiftyish twerkers. I do need some exercise. And I certainly could do no worse than Miley Cyrus. More junk in the trunk.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Makes me wonder if my reply or failure to reply made a difference. Or if I should expend the energy if the OP isn't going to come back and read it.
Whether you think so or not your replies will make a difference to someone even if it isn't the OP. There is no wasted posts in this forum.

I personally love your posts. They are always straight to the point, there is no BS with you. And getting to see your cute doggy's face certainly doesn't hurt either .
Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I can see your point Raider and I really respect it. As someone with almost a year and a half sober under my belt I wouldn't want to say anything to discourage anyone. Still, even now there are good days and bad days. I would hate for people to get the opposite impression, thinking that it must be "easy" for me and that having trouble means they're failing. The truth is that it can be a struggle at times, and maybe for some people it will always be tough. But that doesn't mean it's not worth it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Deek and Ruby. Love you guys.

Fiftyish twerkers! Me love!!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

IN response to doggonecarl's post... somehow it didn't carry in...

doggoneitcarl,

I am new. I've posted probably more than I should. I just needed posts to get into chat etc. still can't. Aside from my off sense of humor I hope I add something useful.
But I read many threads that I got something from but did not post in. I would imagine there are more lurkers just reading all the time who never sign up. So please do not feel you may be wasting your time.I for one appreciate it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

same goes for everyone . raider n'all thanks
Old 03-21-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I think Dee said it pretty well
Old 03-21-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Raider I first came here in crisis a little over 2 weeks ago. What people said to me then, including yourself, was a gift. It didn't matter if it was long or short or a welcome or more help or more experiences. It was the fact that someone somewhere cared enough to post that got me out of it. We can't all post to all threads but as a community I think the support provided is just amazing.

In my mind support includes reading about other people's struggles. It does not bring me down. It helps me understand that I'm not the only one and, even though we're different, that somehow we are all in this together.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Very well said, Looking.

I'm with you. I was a hot mess when I first signed up here. I lurked for about three weeks before I finally signed up. I never felt as alone in my life as I did when I was drinking. Reading this forum gave me hope and made me feel that I wasn't alone with my struggles. I am so grateful for SR and everyone here. I know I couldn't do this without you guys.