Notices

Day 28....

Old 03-20-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 28....

Hello all. It has been years since I have been here. I am presently on Day 28 of not drinking. After drinking at least 2 bottles of wine daily for almost 14 years, to say it's been a change would be an understatement.

Can someone tell me when my energy will return? I also suffer from anxiety and would use the drinking to quash it, which we all know just makes it worse the next morning. I'm having a hard time leaving the house because it's been years since I've left it without having a few drinks in me.

I just want to feel normal again. Any positive comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First and foremost Congratulations!

28 days is AWESOME!

The first thing I would encourage you to do is to celebrate by doing something nice for yourself. 28 days is almost a month! So splurge on the hair salon, a massage, a new pair of shoes or all three! From time to time its ok to pat yourself on the back for a job so far, well done. And believe me, you want to keep that proverbial carrot dangling in front of you at all times.

Second, when quiet time allows, go get yourself a cup of coffee, or tea, and find a peaceful place to just go for a nice, long, walk. As you walk, ask yourself some simple questions such as "What am I going to do in this season of my life?" "Now that I am sober, what am I going to do with the gifts that God gave me?"

Hope this helps
Old 03-20-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day28 -- great job!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We all have that addictive voice that justifies our drinking. Normal people go through stress but don't connect it to the fact that they are sober. You should just recognize the thought as coming from your addictive voice and disregard it. AA meetings help too, seeing and hearing other recovered alcoholics share their story is essential in early recovery, it gave me hope since I met people who went through what I was going through and understand me, thus I am not alone, I am not different, it helped me get out of that pity pot. exercise and prayers helped also. psychiatrists helped also. I used any tool nessessary to stay and face life sober. in other words going to any lenght to be able to face life on life terms.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Big congratulations xxxxx
Old 03-20-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Today

That is awesome! Congratulations!

I would talk to a Dr. about the anxiety if it's really bad. I could not take the anxiety attacks and am seeing a psychiatrist who prescribed me anti-anxiety meds. Not saying you need them, but maybe at least mention your anxiety to your Dr.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
That is awesome! Congratulations!

I would talk to a Dr. about the anxiety if it's really bad. I could not take the anxiety attacks and am seeing a psychiatrist who prescribed me anti-anxiety meds. Not saying you need them, but maybe at least mention your anxiety to your Dr.
I'm leaning towards going back to the doctor for my anxiety. I was on anxiety meds (Paxil) 15 years ago and it really helped. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Casinva - what great news - 28 days! I drank for many years also, and in the end it was all day. It's so wonderful to be free.

It took me about 3 months to feel healthy and vibrant again - but we're all so different. I had beaten myself up badly & it took time to heal. You will get there.