Notices

Can't battle anymore, I give up.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome!

This site can help, but for me it wasn't enough. I also needed the face to face support of AA, especially in the early days of sobriety. You might want to consider some type of face to face support too.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Clarification

When I say "I give up", I mean TRYING to drink. It never ends well...and if it does on a day... it gives me an excuse to drink on another day. Sooner or later...it ends badly.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh. Well, I never tried to drink. Actually I was an expert drinking, a lot, daily, for years.

Hmmm. Are you saying you were trying to moderate your intake? I never bothered as I was an all in or all out type of drinker and I was all in, and in a pathetic state, when I found SR.

Now snails, I tried eating them once. Eegads, that was nasty.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yea, I'm an all in drinker too. Yes, I've been trying to drink normally...whatever that is. I now realize normal for me is to drink until I blackout.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You can do this, Philly. Welcome, this is a great place to spend time - a much better addiction than alcohol, for sure. Keep posting and reading!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome Philly glad you have joined us, there is definitely a solution. Love this site and AA. There is a thread where you can sign up each day committing to 24 hour sobriety, sorry don't know how to put a link, hope you can find it easily, it is amazing. Good luck on your journey x
Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome Philly, I think someone was smiling down on me the day I found SR, Dee, Anna and all the great members here. Stick close, it will help you x
Old 03-20-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Philly16 View Post
Yea, I'm an all in drinker too. Yes, I've been trying to drink normally...whatever that is. I now realize normal for me is to drink until I blackout.
Yeah, I never even bothered to try and moderate as I knew it was guaranteed to fail and, as if it were possible, feel worse then I did drinking all the time.

So, you ready to quit?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome Philly! Don't give up. Sobriety is a choice. Make a decision to take your life back and do it. It is so worth it.

Congrats on taking the first step. I felt that way too. So so so tired of trying to drink like a "normal" person. It was exhausting. I finally gave up and accepted I'm not normal when it comes to alcohol. I used to be. And then I wasn't. It happened that fast. There is an invisible line and I crossed it. And so, here I am. Almost one and a half years later. Sober you can do it too!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
~sb

Glad you found SR!

I also didn't have a drinking problem, I had a staying stopped problem. If I can do it (stay stopped) you can, too!!!!!!

Sending hugs and love to you!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome! The people here are very supportive. So many people who understand.