Notices

French Toast kinda morning

Old 03-20-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

French Toast kinda morning

So, Day 2 is behind me and entering the always tough Day 3. But, it feels different this time. I really WANT to make it this time. Got up early and made French Toast for the kids. My son (11yo) looked at me when I came downstairs with a big smile and said, "What are you doing up?" My husband is usually the one doing the before-school routine while I sleep off the night before. French toast on a school day never happens.

Didn't sleep great, but did sleep some and feel a mixture of tiredness and energy. So, since I am moving before the sun rises this morning, I might actually accomplish something today. Feeling ambitious. Trying not to do too much as this enthusiasm might wear off and catch me unaware and wanting wine.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsSensitive View Post
I might actually accomplish something today. Feeling ambitious.
This is what I did on my 3rd day.

Just saying...

August 23rd, 2012- 12:26pm

Day 3

A very, good, day.

Today is the first day that I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and start living life, to its fullest, again.

I was up by 7am, had my son on the bus by 7:52am, and was at the gym by 8:45am. Today I did 12 pull ups, 35 push ups, 150 sit ups, an 8 mile bicycle ride, and various weight lifting machines. I shipped a disabled amplifier, via UPS, to Crown for repair, got Taylor at wings a birthday card, buttoned up the amp cases that were in storage and inquired about refinancing my house.

GOOD MOVE!

I found out that, if I refinanced my entire debt structure, the long term interest rate would drop down to 3.65% , (from a current rate of 4.45%) saving me a whopping 1400 bucks a month or 16,800 a YEAR! Obviously, this move would make life a whole lot more easier. So I set up an appointment for this Monday morning. I also renegotiated my monthly cell phone bill down by approximately 50 dollars a month and paid my 2010 taxes in full. Man, have I been sleeping for a long time.

Not anymore
Old 03-20-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great posts both of you!

This made a positive and thoughtful start to my day
Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sounds like you're coming along very well.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The rewards are beginning to come MrsS (& AMajority). A whole new world awaits - and you can do this! Great news to hear this morning.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi MrsS,

Love your avatar, gave me a giggle this morning!
Really, though, in the early days, itis about just surviving, just getting by, and having faith that in time it really does get better! And you made French toast, yummy!
Keep strong, onwards! Pulling for you!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning MrsS. I'm on my day 3 as well and feel so motivated to stay sober. I still feel tired and crummy physically but there comes a great satisfaction in doing the right thing. We can do it. 24 more hours!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Wonderful. You are doing great. I fancy some French toast now xxxx