Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

A friend of mine is struggling with alcoholism, but hasn't told me, should I approach

Notices

A friend of mine is struggling with alcoholism, but hasn't told me, should I approach

Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is not a very close friend, but we have shared some things in the past. Our daughters are good friends though. Anyways, I have been noticing lately on Facebook that she is becoming friends with MANY of the same people I know in our local AA groups. I go to morning meetings which she can not attend, so I only assume she goes to the evening ones. People have been posting supportive comments on her page lately so I sent her a message telling her I am here for her if she needs to talk and to take things one day at a time.

She replied with, "that is so very sweet of you! Just between you and I, I'm actually having a tough time with my own stupid sh*t so was very sweet to get your message. I will let you know, please let me know if I can do anything for you as well."

I replied back with "Just know you are not alone." Should I leave it at that?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Well you said it wasn't a close friend. You reached out, see where it goes from there.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I'd leave it at that
Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.