Notices

One Week Today

Old 03-18-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

One Week Today

Well it's been a week. That's pretty good for me. I've had a lot of starts and stops for medical reasons right now this is my only option. I posted here last week about should I be up front with my new doctor about my drinking and I was. I figure honesty is the only way I can succeed. I was even up front with my husband who I have been hiding the drinking from (I thought I was hiding it, but he knew). So due to liver issues not necessarily associated with alcohol (could b my tylenol and or iron usage COMBINED with the alcohol or not), I have been told NONE of the above. We'll see what the next liver test shows but I don't think I want to risk anything by continuing with drinking.

I don't feel mentally good at all. I feel irritable, and at night all I want to do is go to bed. I feel like picking a fight with someone (have already with the hubby) and I have a trip to Vegas next week. Yay, no drinking there.

I realize it's an attitude thing. I was told by my psychologist that I can choose to have a good time in Vegas without booze. I can pick some yummy non-alcoholic drinks. So I'm working on the attitude right now. I will admit I like how I feel in the mornings and I have more energy and am more focused at work and have even lost a couple pounds. But the nights are miserable. Especially when my hubby still uses (weed). Not that it's a temptation for me (hate the stuff) but if pisses me off because I'd like to get high as well and now I can't.

Thanks for listening and for your continued support.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Nobody loves me. Booo hoooo.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do! I do!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by SoulKat View Post
I was told by my psychologist that I can choose to have a good time in Vegas without booze.
Or you can choose not to go.

I couldn't go to a backyard cookout my first week sober. I surely wouldn't have attempted Vegas.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done on your week xxx
Old 03-18-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=doggonecarl;4535649]Or you can choose not to go.

I couldn't go to a backyard cookout my first week sober. I surely wouldn't have attempted Vegas.

Yea, each time I have ended a sober period it's been by putting myself in a place or situation that I damn well knew was high risk. And the last time I totally said I won't go on the trip if I feel like I can't be sure right beforehand that I won't drink. I wasn't sure, and I went, and I drank, and I came home hammered and my wife left the next day. Ug.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week, SoulKat. That Vegas trip sounds risky; no way I could have done it.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on 1 Week!!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

The trip to Vegas is for a business convention. It's not something I can choose at this point to NOT go to. I'll have my iPad. I will stay in touch with all you guys. My plan is club soda with a twist.