why?

Old 03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

why?

Why is it so easy to know and say but so hard to do?"
Old 03-17-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's a horrible addictive evil substance! It is not easy..... What I love about this place is that it CAN be beaten cos there are these amazing people on here that have done it!

Thinking of you lastchance
Old 03-17-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

know and say what?

I believe the fear of failure, the fear of knowledge - god or bad or the fear of doing something new?
How many great ideas I had in the past (even recently) only to find that when I finally decided to act on it that someone already stole my idea and is making a million bucks on it.

Waiting to do something is the same as not ever doing anything. Sometimes it takes a kick in the @$$ or maybe a little nudge from a friend.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

Thanks. Couldn't access this at work and stopped on the way home . Do NOT know why. Know husband will be beyond pissed when he gets home. Kids are already ignoring me. Antibuse makes me break out so they know. Can't make up stories.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

You can take the attitude that, sure this is going to be hard, but not too hard because you have done hard before and come out on top. You can take the attitude that you will succeed, no matter what, even if no one else has ever done it before, you will do it. You can take that attitude that you will succeed simply because you must. You might only get one shot at this, but that will be enough.

You can do this, lastchance. Believe in yourself, make it as easy as you can for yourself, demand nothing less than success, and you will do it. Onward!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

I will DEFINTELY be on tonight accepting replies. I want my life and my family. Intact.
Love and support will be greatly appreciated. I fear you are all I have tonight :/.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Do you have other support then SR? Maybe you need more?

Try a what if scenario in your mind. Imagine your doctor tells you your liver is failing. That your time is limited. Would you want to spend it drunk or with quality time sober with your family?

The scenario is not impossible, but avoidable. You deserve a happy life my friend, free of this.

Wishing you the best!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

What if I am really not ready to quit and "like" where I am on some weird obscured sense? I know I don't want to lose my family but also like the occasional release from reality and its demands. Yes. Could have gone to an AA meeting but chose otherwise
Old 03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There's a million different ways to get sober. A million different paths and routes.

They all begin with refusing to pick up the first drink. Try it for a day. Then 2. If you can do that then try a day at a time for three months.

If you still want to drink then you can go straight back out there and drink. Just try the 1 day first.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lastchance4me, I totally understand where you are at. I think what is keeping me coming back to try and get sober whenever I failis that I deserve it, my family deserve it, there are people out there living happy, sober lives - why can't I? I am sick of the shame, the guilt, the physical symptoms, not living to my potential, embarrassment - there has to be a better way to live life than this. Just really need to WANT it. Alcohol is just a finite thing, it's not real in the way that our relationships and self worth are. Give it the heave ho! Let us know how you are doing x
Old 03-17-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

What I know for sure is that recovery is very hard and you need to be very motivated.

If you are not sure you want it, I can't imagine you will be able to make it work. It takes a lot of commitment. It has to be something you really want to do for yourself.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Weren't you given an ultimatum by your husband? If you drank wasn't he going to leave or something as dire? You're on antabuse and still drank? That can be dangerous.

Pour out whatever is left and start again tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

Yes I was. He just walked in. Saw I was drinking and said
"I'm done"
He's my life. My everything.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Are you okay? Is there anyone there you can call on for help and to come over to be with you?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

He has left me.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by lastchance4me View Post
"I'm done"
This is where I was too. I really hope that you are ok and that you come back tonight. I'm thinking of you right now.

The hard thing about quitting was even knowing what I had to lose didn't stop me. I had to want it and I had to want it for no one else but me.

You can do this lastchance, you really can. Alcohol is one big fat lie and it takes some time away from it to see that.

I hope that you're ok.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What if I am really not ready to quit and "like" where I am on some weird obscured sense? I know I don't want to lose my family but also like the occasional release from reality and its demands. Yes. Could have gone to an AA meeting but chose otherwise
I had the same thoughts too. For me it would be so much easier to keep drinking. I work hard so i should play harder....right? I told myself this lie far too long. If i kept drinking my friends and family would not expect more from me.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

call someone

"I'm done"
"He's my life. My everything." I don't want to be mean, but it seems there is something else more important. If you mean it, 'He's my everything," then you must reach out to somebody close to you.

LC: I had to find your short history. Somehow by taking antabuse you had a willingness to succeed. You just didn't stop by the corner store and decide to pick some up - did you?
You felt you needed to go to a meeting even though you were embarrassed that an old sponsor would see you. I hope you still have that person's phone number. If she is any kind of person at all and believes in the program you should call her ASAP. You need to hear a voice right now. Surely you must have the phone number of someone in the program. Call the hot line if you have to! But call somebody now.
My thoughts and I'm sure all others' are with you.
Good luck -- MAKE THE CALL!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

He has packed and gone. My kids are devastated and pissed at me. I am wondering why not once more? He and my kids are my world. When,iß noug

Damn. Last response ignored. Do NOT want to lose my husband, The only father my kids respect.
I am trying to deal with this no matter how slow the progress. Even the dogs are showing distressed on the changes. What do I do with hotdog know this is a mess of my making......: but......
Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Bottom line, actions will speak louder than words. Get sober and stay sober. You need to want it for yourself though.