Notices

No alcohol but the sugar, ack!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Forghetti35 View Post
Haha, be careful withharibo sweets! They are like laxitives on steroids. YouTube haribo sugar free gummy bears, or look at amazon reviews! LOL you can be on the toilet for most of the day with a handful.
Could have been because they are sugar free. Some of the artificial sugars have a laxative effect on some folks. Thankfully, I've never had that problem.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found that simple sugars - like fruit and fruit juices - helped ease the sugar craving, 2much

D
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ahhhh! A week or two ago I sat on the couch watching the brain destroyer (TV) and went through a half pound of chocolate truffles in about a half hour. Prior to that I would go through a container of chocolate covered pretzels, almonds, anything with chocolate for almost a month. It hit me after about thirty days. It's weird. I would have to drive to the store to get chocolate - like the cigarette people do - if I was out and jones'n for it.
Plus I have watched more TV in the past couple months than I have in the past couple years. Still adjusting to being "normal" I suppose. It's tough getting motivated to do something because everything involved having a beer.

Fixed above. "a beer" actually means beer period. The use of the word 'a' would imply one. For me 'a' beer meant 'always in hand'.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
Whats haribos? I have been craving sweets too, I am eating ice cream like it is going out of style but I was a wine drinker so I get the sugar addiction. I was worried, I thought it was just me, I have tried to switch to fruit now, funny, grapes seem to do it (imagine that ?)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by Forghetti35 View Post
What I eat from time to time is dark chocolate (% 75 cocoa and up). Its a very healthy chocolate. May take a week to adjust to the flavor, but once u do you nrver go back to milk chocolate, and dark chocolate is actually VERY GOOD for you.
Hoo boy Forghetti, you just opened up a big can of worms for me! Yup yup yup, I can eat this because it's very good for me! Seriously though, I am trying so hard to stay away from the sweets. Until I found Ben and Jerry's new CORE this weekend. arggghhhh

I think you're probably getting the general idea now about craving for sugar 2b
Old 03-18-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Haribos are fizzy sweeties that are very moorish!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

haribos are british sweets they like wine gums , jelly babie kind of sweets they give you an instant sugar dose !
Old 03-18-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Countrysidegirl Ive got my Haribos! Have eaten 10! (oops) hehe