Notices

Scared about tomorrow

Old 03-16-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared about tomorrow

I have been addicted to pain killers for the last 3 years. As a teen I was addicted to adderral and was able to kick that myself and stay clean from all drugs for 5 years at least. I can't even remember anymore. That is sad! I swore I would never touch another drug as long as I lived, but here I am. I got hurt at work, was prescribed percocet, and from there have taken every kind of opiate there is. I have three wonderful children, and the world's best husband backing me up so I don't understand why this time it has taken me so many tries to stop. I also have my parents who, eventhough they were never addicts, are trying to understand and be there for me. I know I can do it. The thing that always gets me isn't the withdrawls, cause I can handle having stomache problems for a few days, even not sleeping and the major aches you get. The thing that always gets me is the lack of desire to do ANYTHING!!!! No energy, and always depressed. Given my background, depression is that last thing I need, but on the other hand, death isn't what I want at all. I just want to feel normal. I have read some of your stories on here and I can relate 100%, but still feel like I am all alone. I guess what I really need to know is it will get better and I can have my life back.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and you sound like you're ready to change your life.

It's great that you have family support.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome, JaseyBaby!

I haven't ever withdrawn from opiates, but I know there are a lot of clean, healthy former opiate addicts out there who have found that life does get better. You're in the right place on SR! Best wishes to you in your recovery!
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. I'm glad you joined us. We also have a specific forum for substance abuse about halfway down the main index page. Give it a look. You'll find lots of support here.
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome jaseybaby

I think you'll find more people identify with your story than you think. We also have a substance abuse forum you might be interested in as well.

I'm really glad you have support. I'm sorry you feel so drained but that won't be forever. Try and think of the longer term rather than the immediate.

things do get better otherwise noone would ever quit, and stay quit

You'll find a lot of support here - welcome

D
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

day one

well i am at the end of day one and am feeling both sick to my stomache and do sad and disgusted with myself. see i hurt alot of people during my time using and i dont kow what to do or how to make it up to them. it was all my family i hurt and it is breaking me thinking about how i could be so selfish.i did whatever i had to do to get what i needed and that is not the kind of person i ever was or ever wanted to be. i start to feel better reading others posts bout how far they have come but then look up from the computer screen and realize how far i have left to go. there are so many obstacles out there and im not sure how i am going to overcome them. just keep on chuggin away and take each day as a blessing.. thank u all for listening and i hope u all have a good night. until the sun comes up again
Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your last three sentences were great. Just keep trying, and see how well you can do.