Notices

Do you sabotage yourself?

Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I love your avatar! I relate to fear of failure and fear of success. Bit of a maddening place to be. Sometimes I think I'm confident and a go getter but other times I think I'm a scared little bunny. I don't understand any of it. All I do know is that if I had to list the things I was most proud of achieving or got the most reward from, most of them would be things I had to take some risk/overcome fear in order to do.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have never, ever, ever in my life felt unconditional love. I think I self-sabotaged as a result of feeling like a truly worthless and unworthy person.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I was scared of success as much as I was scared of change...

My life was familiar to me...I knew and understood the way things played out. I got drunk. I didn't face anything. Even when I was deeply unhappy, I knew what each day was going to look like. After drinking for so long, I had absolutely no idea of who I was, what I liked to do, what to talk to people about, how to spend my time. That scared me big time. Making those changes was what scared me...taking that leap of faith that everyone would be better without alcohol. Of course it is!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Drinking is self-sabotage.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi
I have self sabotaged all my life, i know it stems from my upbringing and abuse i think its because i don't believe or like myself, i have often left jobs that I'm doing great in because my demons kick in, i believe them and do something to ruin it or i would get drunk before a job started...
I used alcohol to quiet the voices but eventually the alcohol.made me more worse but by this stage i was in a tormenting cycle
I am getting much better learning with therapy was i behave like this
I can only go from myself but perhaps lots of addicts self sabotage we dislike ourselves so much we cant see a way out
But with love time and patience sometimes professional help we can stop the cycle the demons go away or at least rarely make there acquaintance and we can move forward
I wish you all the luck in the world
Old 03-17-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I also think it's fear and also a feeling that we are not worthy or don't deserve to be happy or have good things happen to us