Notices

A strange couple of days..

Old 03-14-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A strange couple of days..

The last two days ive been very close to going down the local pub. I am 73 days sober tonight and have been doing things to get healthier like exercising and eating healthy food. Then I hurt my back for about 10 days which is now almost perfect again so I havnt been able to exercise and the last week ive eaten some junk food. Im starting exercising again on Monday but for the last two days ive been having thoughts of " seeing as im not on a complete health kick until Monday I should spend one day in the pub and then cut it out again as one day wont hurt''. For some reason I havnt gone there yet but I cant tell if I really want to go or if its some sort of mind trick. Part of me wants to just go chill and have some pints but then part of me says whats the point for one day. I dunno what to do.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

You've made it this far, don't give in now.

Turn that little voice off in your head. Think about how good you've been feeling since you quit drinking. Why would you want to go back to that?
Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bradley

I'm glad you came back for support. I think continued supports very important.

Things like exercise can definitely be part of a recovery regime, but I think most of us need more than exercise and a good diet.

I think anything that's trying to draw you to the pub is definitely not in your best interests.
Anything that suggests that you can drink on the weekend and be back, raring to go on Monday is a fantasy Brad.

why not chill at home? got any hobbies? movies you want to see?

D
Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pubs are enticing, pints looks so nice, but it us not what u want to do, it will taste crap as,laced with regret, guilt an disappointments, never mind the aftermath.... I think it will take me a long time to get over my love affair with the pub... But I'm trying!!! Good luck, and have a happy Saturday [/LIST]
Old 03-14-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Friend-

Pubs are like kryptonite. For it only takes "one" drink to wake up the beast inside of you. Unless someone is paying you to be there, I would avoid pubs like the plague.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with enfin - it never turns out the way we imagine it. I think it would be dangerous to go bradley - there's nothing in that pub for you.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well Dee I like to read sometimes and watch football at the weekends, I don't really have any friends to do stuff with out and about like the cinema unless I go on my own, I have sort of switched my addictive behaviour from alcohol to the gym. That's the reason I hurt my back I reckon. And yeah moderate drinking is a fantasy I just get these thoughts that confuse me.

Enfintthechange Youre right I probably would end up with refret but the longer I don't drink the more I feel like im missing out
Old 03-14-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stay home, Brad. You will feel so good about yourself in the morning.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
the longer I don't drink the more I feel like im missing out
Friend-

You are missing out.

Let's see...

Slurring, Stumbling, Drunkenness, Embarrassment, Dizziness, Vomiting, Hangovers, Paranoia, Slothfulness, Jail, Attorneys, Legal Fees, Drama and Money wasted to name few.

Food for thought.