Notices

Inspiring quote day 4

Old 03-14-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Inspiring quote day 4

"The ability to have fun that you can remember later! You can keep the memories forever and they are not cloudy,filled with regret and self loathing. Not to mention the wonderful, and I will say it again, WONDERFUL lack of hangovers." - Anon

I can't tell you how many times I woke up the next day feeling like crap. What did I say to my wife? What in the world did I do? I don't remember that! The regret and self loathing of yet again failing to stop drinking on my own when the day before I swore up and down to myself that I would stop. No more.

Looking at that last paragraph it's frightening to realize that I was willing to put myself through all that. Who in their right mind would willingly do that to himself over and over and over? It's like repeatedly touching a hot stove even though you are fully aware it will burn you. When I look at it further however and more closely examine it, I've realized that Alcohol is a poison. No one with a poisoned mind can think straight. The Big Book I've come to fined out (and going to meetings) is the antidote.

My name is Steve and I'm an Alcoholic
Old 03-14-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thanks for this, Steve.

God, the mess I've made of things from my drinking to the point of blacking out.

You're right; no more! All that is behind me! Face the future sober and make some wonderful memories from here on out.