Notices

hello i'm charlotte

Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello i'm charlotte

hello everyone I'm charlotte and I'm from Cumbria , England
its the first time I have came across this site and already finding it very helpful, I'm in the grips of the demon alcohol again after being 6 months clean, I got some bad news blah blah which I wont bore you with and that what got me into hell again, I am now 3 days sober and hope by being on here will help me
anyway as its my first post I shall leave it there, I have a terrible habit of waffling on and going away from the topic in hand
x
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 03-14-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Charlotte, SR is a great place for support. Glad you have joined us.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Welcome, Charlotte!

Congrats on your three days sober!

There's lots of great people here to help you!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thankyou Hayley and sobermeplease
I really need to kick this , I don't want it to be like previous years off hell, lying, cheating, shame, guilt , remorse etc, I would blame my BPD and depression but I guess I can no longer do that, I got myself addicted I cant blame anyone but me
I also came on here because other than my amazing partners support I have none, the nhs in the uk are swamped and terrible, if your in crises no other than the police seem to listen and offer help, I have tried AA I didn't like it, maybe the religion philosophy they have acares me, I also went to a few meetings, at 28 then I was the youngest there, I found them terribly dark and gloomy, no one there seemed happy that they were sober, they seemed depressed and a few members just went on and on about the terrible disease of addiction, I walked out of those often more low than ever and needing a drink more than ever so I decided not to venture into a AA meeting again, perhaps it was just the members there.....
Old 03-14-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome xxx
I'm also in the uk so we are on the same time zone if u ever want a chat xxx
Old 03-14-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Charlotte, welcome and glad you found us. There are quite a few of us UK based so keep posting and stay strong. Three days is great x
Shoshie
Old 03-14-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome Charlotte! Three days is great! Are you working a recovery plan?
Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi countrysidegirl, nice part of the world you live in. Welcome to SR. I didn't use AA myself, although I've heard it can be very effective. I found SR to be great support and I'm sure it's kept me sober for almost 2 years. Great people here.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thankyou to everyones kind comments
I don't have a recovery plan as of yet....just take it every day or second, minuet and hour as they come thankyou zombie girl yes feel free to contact me, thanks feeling great wow 2 years ? I managed 6 months and that was hard....I'm so glad I registered on here feel a lot better already knowing I'm not alone
Old 03-14-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Charlotte,

So you did six months before? Well done, that's five months plus three weeks more than me!

What SR people with waay more mileage than me say at this point is can you identify what worked for you and ultimately what didn't? If you can, then you have the start of a plan...
Old 03-14-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi shoshie
What made me start drinking again was last September i enrolled on a fitness course i wanted to do something else other than lambing, sheep work
All was well when two weeks in due to the demanding coursework i had a minor panic attack at college i suffer from bpd, depression and ptsd anyway i told the college nurse i wad struggling and she told my college tutor who was ex army he didn't like me from day one...
The next day a meeting was called and i was asked to leave the course even though i had distinctions and never missed a day, the tutors were worried because i had mental health issues but no one had the courage to say this they made lame excuses like we feel your aggressive your the oldest one on this course
I was devasted college are supposed to be supportive i didn't find that at all and therefore got plastered and been on and off the drink since then....
God sorry to waffle just trying to explain why i gave in
Old 03-14-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Waffle away, countrysidegirl. We care and we're hear to listen. It sounds like you've been treated really badly, but please don't let that knock you down. You've done 6 months before, you can do this!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Charlotte and congrats on 3 days xxxx
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrysidegirl View Post
Hi shoshie What made me start drinking again was last September i enrolled on a fitness course i wanted to do something else other than lambing, sheep work All was well when two weeks in due to the demanding coursework i had a minor panic attack at college i suffer from bpd, depression and ptsd anyway i told the college nurse i wad struggling and she told my college tutor who was ex army he didn't like me from day one... The next day a meeting was called and i was asked to leave the course even though i had distinctions and never missed a day, the tutors were worried because i had mental health issues but no one had the courage to say this they made lame excuses like we feel your aggressive your the oldest one on this course I was devasted college are supposed to be supportive i didn't find that at all and therefore got plastered and been on and off the drink since then.... God sorry to waffle just trying to explain why i gave in
Hi countryside girl,
First of all, I'm sorry to read this. You haven't said what you did about it at the time, but breach of medical confidentially and discrimination on disability grounds spring to mind if you had a good course record.

However, you are where you are right now and that's in SR three days sober which is great. Whatever you do, whether it's in the farming line or another course for something else, alcohol is going to get in your way so sobriety sounds like a priority.

I'm glad you're here x
Old 03-14-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm glad i found this site also and i don't know all the answers but im here to listen and help you on here also
Going for my tenth cup of coffee and rolled your on, need to knock them on the head an all....
Old 03-14-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Night everyone, been rugby training, watched tv now exhausted thankyou to everyone on here who has made me very welcome on my first day as a member here
Off to bed now, i hope i get through day 4 ok
Old 03-14-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm late to the party Charlotte but I want to welcome you too. You found a great place. We're happy to have you with us - we will see you on your Day 4 - and yes you are going to make it through.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello there.