Notices

Back at day 1

Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at day 1

Day 1 sober, I gave in last night to get away from reality. My husband and I have been doing a trial separation and last night he tells me he loves me but is not in love with me and at this moment can't see any hope for us to get that back. Gutted me. So I turned to my good old friends. Slightly hungover for work and tired exhausted all day.

Reinforces that I need to put myself first, stop drinking for good, get healthy and worry about me!!!! Now how the bloody hell do I do that???!?!?!,??? ???
Old 03-13-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That is not a nice thing to hear, believe me I know. But look after you, you do get over these things, I promise xxxx
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was in a very similar position last nite, horrible argument with my bf, he was calling me a worthless drunk and an idiot etc, would normally have reached for the bottle. I came on here instead and vented and received kind words and advice, never mind you had a drink, you recognise you have to look after you, as I have, feels a bit weird and selfish of me but self preservation. Keep strong
Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by darkfaith View Post
Day 1 sober, I gave in last night to get away from reality.

Reinforces that I need to put myself first, stop drinking for good, get healthy and worry about me!!!! Now how the bloody hell do I do that???!?!?!,??? ???
Welcome back. I also had to get vigorously honest with myself about MY drinking. At that point we surrender to the fact we cannot drink in safety. I needed many meetings without the BS of not going and listen to the experience strength and hope being expressed. Unfortunately too many of us forget the pain we had when we arrived and drank because of people, places or things and get caught in the whirlpool of relapses which many can't recover from.

BE WELL
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry DF - that must have been hard to hear.

I think you're right tho - you and your recovery need to come before anything else because I've found everything else I have of value depends on my continued recovery

welcome back

D
Old 03-13-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your in work at the moment, right? . . . me too, for both of us that pretty much guarantees we'll be Sober until we clock off for the day, for me that's 5pm, I'll be home for 6pm.

So we both just need to make sure, no stop offs on the way home, resist that first hurdle, the next thing will be making it to bedtime, 6pm to bedtime, that's all I need to do for a Sober day!! . . . break it down like this in your head and things become much more easier.

Before you know it, tomorrow morning you'll be starting a thread titled "Day 2"!!

Obviously I'm not factoring into the equation all the problems at home, that makes things more difficult, but by keeping things manageable in terms of periods of the day hopefully things will be a bit easier!!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

To start, committ to stopping for good. Accept it's for good. Then hold your end of the committment up by doing everything in your power to stay stopped.

Can you do that?
Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You slipped, its done do not beat yourself up just get back on the sober road and keep trucking!!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 1 sober, I gave in last night to get away from reality. My husband and I have been doing a trial separation and last night he tells me he loves me but is not in love with me and at this moment can't see any hope for us to get that back. Gutted me. So I turned to my good old friends. Slightly hungover for work and tired exhausted all day.

You ask how you do it? You do it a moment at a time, not a day, not an hour, but a moment. Each moment that you don't pick up that first drink counts, it creates a snowball effect and before you know it, those moments add up to days, weeks, months, years. And when you slip, don't beat yourself up over it. We've all slipped, at least once, and if we haven't, we will. Sobriety is a process, it doesn't happen overnight. Good luck to you.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I gave in last night to get away from reality.
I tried that about 7,000 times. Damn reality is like a bloodhound. Found me every time.

Welcome back.

Make a plan.

Work the plan.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Make a plan. Work the plan.
I really like this, great advice! Thanks, Nonsensical.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...day 2 and as much as I felt like picking up a drink today I didn't, got some shocking news about a car accident involving couple of mates. One died while the driver is now being charged for his death, drinking and high on god knows what drugs. Brings you back to reality quick, I'm even more determined now to stay sober. I am still smoking pot but need to focus on one thing at a time.

On a positive note will be my sons 3rd bday on Sunday and will be a nice change to be sober for it.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your news, but I'm glad you stayed sober DF

D