Notices

emotional toilet dive

Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy emotional toilet dive

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I need some strength. I don't feel like drinking right now, but quitting seems overwhelming and the two people who I lean on aren't my biggest fans right now. My boyfriend is livid at my behaviour and drinking, and all the lies I tell him so I can hide it when I drink. Usually we spend weekends together and i was really needing his attention but now i am scared he's going to break up with me.

on another note, how long does it usually take for my emotions to rebalance themselves, because i am not liking being this sad.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi awynnkitty

There's always plenty of support here
Have you checked out our Class of March support thread?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-7.html

It took a while for my emotions to even out, but they will don't worry

D
Old 03-12-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Still waiting to get my emotions under control. Loosing or the threat of loosing someone you love deeply is a real eye opener. If I could loan you some strength, I would fedex it to you lickty split.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

this is the right place to post this. You are in the perfect spot to find support. Drinking will not make things better or easier for you. It will only numb things for a little while. Build a bigger fan base, a strong fan base. An army of supporters for your sobriety. Have you tried going to an AA meeting? A woman who had never been to a meeting came to one of mine on Monday. By herself. And told us that. She now has at least four phone numbers of women she can call for support if she needs it.

Hang in there. Come here and post. Your emotions will be on a roller coaster for a bit. I've got four months and there are still hard days but I know alcohol will only make it worse. I text or call people for support. Or just to know I'm not alone. It does get easier over time but I spent an awfully long time numbing my feelings with alcohol so I am trying to be patient and relearning how to live sober.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think the best idea right now is for me to just crawl into bed and hope tomorrow is better, although I very worried that my bf will yell at me when I just need his support and love right now. I know he is going through emotions too though. Any ideas on how to mend a broken relationship?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's best for now to focus on your recovery awynnkitty.
Leave the fixing for now.

If your drinking has contributed to some ill feeling, it stands to reason that trying to do something about that drinking can only serve you well in the long run anyway

Keep it simple - get sober, stay sober, sort the other stuff out when you 're more capable and better equipped to deal with it?

D
Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree concentrate on getting better first your boyfriend will understand after all he wants u to get better too xx
Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi, welcome to SR. If you want to make up with your boyfriend remember that actions speak louder than words. Live your recovery, make it your focus, and hopefully the rest will fall into place. Lots of people stop drinking because of a bad fright or a killer hangover or an ultimatum front their loved ones, but to keep going you have to want it for yourself.
Try to get as much support as you can and stay away from situations where you'd normally drink. Ask you boyfriend for his support.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome. Your boyfriend will come around once he sees you are serious about not drinking, rather than just apologizing for it xxxxx