Notices

New here

Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hi Everyone. When I woke up a couple of days ago with the worst hangover, knowing that I had disappointed my friends and upset my boyfriend. I decided it was time for me to make a leap from "I can quit anytime I want" to "oh my god this is ruining my life" So I am 2 days sober. I think I experienced some withdrawl symptoms yesterday and today. I've done a lot of reading online, and I am going to try a meeting tomorrow, although i am very anxious and not good in crowds or around new people. Any advice would be appreciated. At the moment my support network is kind of limited and most of them are not happy with me.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Welcome and congratulations on Day 2!

You're in a good place. Lots of great people here.

Have you talked to a doctor about detoxing?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Welcome and congrats on a new start!

Meetings can help a great deal. Don't worry about being nervous - every single person who has ever attended a meeting was nervous the first time. I turned the car around a couple of times before I talked myself into just going and checking it out. They will typically ask if anyone is attending their first meeting. Just raise your hand and introduce yourself, if you feel like it. If not, you don't have to say anything. After that, it's just a bunch of people telling their stories. And you might be surprised to learn that there are usually a few laugh-out-loud moments during a meeting. The whole thing is very uplifting and the people there are as non-judgmental as you could ever want to meet. I hope you'll go. And good luck on your new journey. You can definitely do this.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No, how long do the symptoms last?

I have sent for the information to our hospitals outpatient clinic.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hullo Kitty,
Welcome to SR. It is great you have got here and decided to do something about your drinking. Giving up drinking is one thing you will never regret. I am coming up to 3 years sober with the support of both SR and AA.
I visit this site daily as I need to remind myself how to live a good sober life.

All the best
CaiHong