Notices

On Day 2 AGAIN - One Day at a Time - Easy Does It.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On Day 2 AGAIN - One Day at a Time - Easy Does It.

Hey everyone,

Well I've decided that I need a change. The last two years about this time I've have given it a shot. I need to be more persistent. There is a better life in sobriety I know. No more flaking on friends because I have a bottle in my mouth, lying to coworkers about fake appts so I can go home to either drink or recover or feeling like a nervous wreck at work ready for a breakdown because of the anxiety.

I went 16 days cold turkey back in 2012 when I was homeless living in a hotel an then Easter came along and I decided to celebrate. Well bottle after bottle of rum and six pack later I managed to land a job and commuted from the Colorado forest living in a campground and showering at work while after work downing a pint of rum and a six pack that night before doing it over and over again for about six months before a major bender on a weekend. I came into work that April Day about a year ago knowing I had a deadline..was hungover and mentally exhausted. I broke down in front of some people at work and a co-worker was nice enough to bring me to the hospital with a 185/130 blood pressure and feeling at my wits end. After relaxing at the hospital they drove me to detox where the door slammed shut. Hours later I pleaded with the guy I needed to get to work the next morning so they let me out. I showed up at work the next morning to everyones surprise. My co-worker helped me find AA and I went 30 days sober. I got the chip and a couple days later saw the pub and thought I could handle it. ****ck. Since then I've been able to "maintain" and wean down to a 50ml rum and 6-8 beers per night but what kind of life is that? I still make the fake appointment excuses, flake on friends, had those feelings of anxiety at work and get intoxicated on the weekends out of control.

There is a better life and I'm really working at it. Attended AA yesterday and was so comforted to hear the stories and how I related to everyone. I have a big case of the YETS. So I'm on Day 2 thanks for listening everyone!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! You know there is lots of support here. Stay strong, make a plan and best of luck to you. It took me a few tries as well.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Welcome back! Congrats on getting through your first day! One day at a time!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I live in the mountains of Colorado and can't imagine camping in the cold and snow, even with the sunny days. Glad you are here.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome back xxx
Old 03-12-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Two days is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Comtnman,

Welcome back and congrats!

Just don't pick up that first drink.

You'll get there if you really try.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back, comtnmn. Congrats on your two sober days. Glad to hear that you found AA helpful. We are here to help each other; keep on posting.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back giving it another go. I hope this attempt is your successful one.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm on day 3 and just trying to keep busy. I have found that I'm up much earlier now and get to work much earlier so I can enjoy the late afternoon/evening. I like that. I'm dreading tomorrow because I know it's Friday but I just keep telling myself to take One Day at a Time. I plan on going to another meeting tonight.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You're doing good!

Keep it going...................