Notices

This may sound silly but...

Old 03-11-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This may sound silly but...

This may sound pretty trivial compared with all the other horrible things we are going through but today, after waking up for once feeling refreshed, I actually dared to look in the mirror.

When I was drinking this was a big no no, bloated face, tired puffy eyes, we all know the story.

The bloat has nearly gone, eyes starting to look clear not yellow with red veins, nice look (not).

So aside from feeling better we start to look better, surely another good reason to continue! Once you start looking and feeling better it gives you a boost to continue, well it did me anyway. Just a thought

Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Toddle,

Not silly at all. I too never wanted to look in the mirror when I was active. Looking at my eyes in the mirror is one of my favorite things once I have some sober time

All the best,
Methodman
Old 03-11-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not silly at all.. one of the many reasons to stop drinking (if not the most important one) -- improved health and appearance.

alcohol is slowly killing you and those things you've mentioned " bloated face, tired puffy eyes, yellowing, red veins" are all signs of deteriorating health. you can get happier, healthier, younger, more energetic, and vibrant all by stopping the poison flowing into your body. seems simple. wish it truly was.

but not silly at all, no no
Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

By no means silly those are the steps you want. Day 7 here slept great last night, no night sweats, woke up refreshed before my alarm went off. The black bags under my eyes are almost gone...Just feels good! Keep up the good work