Notices

Day programmes

Old 03-11-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Randummy

Day programmes

Hi everyone,

On Sunday I had some wine and yesterday I drank a lot. Seems like once those floodgates are open I cannot stop.

I'm referring myself back to my local drug and alcohol service today as they helped me some months ago and I know I need support.

Last night I called my friend and had a chat with her, but this morning I was worried that I'd said something I shouldn't have (even though it's very doubtful as we're so close!) so I text her and apologised and explained what I'd done. I also feel like I might have upset my partner by getting drunk, so I text him and apologised too as he's at work so I can't speak to him at the moment.

I still feel extremely guilty but I know I need to let this go, otherwise I'm going to be staying sober for other people rather than myself, and that hasn't worked out well in the past.

I guess I just wanted to post and say that I messed up.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

Rand, I'm so happy to see you here. I've been wondering about you.

That's what we do, we mess up. But we keep at it until something finally clicks.

Good for you doing something about it, you have a plan, that's wonderful!

Yep you got it. You have to do it for YOU YOU YOU, until you really wrap your mind around that, you might keep flopping around.

You're going to DO THIS

Big hugs
Old 03-11-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Glad you made it back.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Randummy

Originally Posted by jus View Post
Rand, I'm so happy to see you here. I've been wondering about you.

That's what we do, we mess up. But we keep at it until something finally clicks.

Good for you doing something about it, you have a plan, that's wonderful!

Yep you got it. You have to do it for YOU YOU YOU, until you really wrap your mind around that, you might keep flopping around.

You're going to DO THIS

Big hugs
I missed your posts during my absence, always so helpful and positive!

I actually had a look at my journal from the last time I was at the community Centre and they put me on a "drink responsibly" programme rather than abstinence apparently due to my age (I know now that makes no sense but I didn't at the time).

So I took a different step today and went to my first ever AA meeting. I am so glad I went. I shared, listened and actually had a lot of fun after the meeting too! Back at a different one tomorrow morning :-)