Notices

37% bac how is this possible without dying?

Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey torn I hope you are doing alright, we are all here still if you need to talk.

My last night of drinking was spent alone in a hospital bed wondering why I couldn't go home either. I haven't had a drink since and that was 11 months ago! I hope for you the same sobering and awakening recovery!

Be well.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Torn, glad you made it through.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Torn - glad that you are home. Going to AA and just listening if that is what is more comfortable sounds good to me; whatever is works; the important thing is working it.

We are with you.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Hey torn I hope you are doing alright, we are all here still if you need to talk.

My last night of drinking was spent alone in a hospital bed wondering why I couldn't go home either. I haven't had a drink since and that was 11 months ago! I hope for you the same sobering and awakening recovery!

Be well.
If you can do it I can too!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
p***enger

How are you doing tonight, Torn?

Wishing you better times ahead, sober days & nights, and many of them!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Torn I remember my first AA meeting and the absolute shame I felt at being there. I resented the fact that I was there and it didn't change overnight. I didn't stay sober. First meeting was in 2008. Treatment was in 2010. Its 2014 now and I have 16 days sober at this point. I know its possible to have very high blood alcohol levels and one of the things I use to motivate myself is knowing that a few years ago I was conscious and very drunk and tested out at a .48. I know how lucky I am to still be here and I know that over time the meetings changed for me. Now I absolutely love going to meetings. I know its hard, but we all have the choice every day to not drink. I was extremely desperate the last time I stopped and I remember that feeling every day to motivate myself to do the right things and stay sober so I can work on cleaning up the rest of my life. Good luck to you, find a way that works for you and I know you can do it. There is a lot of support here. Find meetings, counseling or something you can grab ahold of and every day you don't drink is a victory you can use to do it again. Thats what I do, and it seems to be working this time. I know I don't ever want to go back to who I was before.