Notices

Any one ever got Wet Brain Syndrome?

Old 03-10-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Any one ever got Wet Brain Syndrome?

Hi everyone im new to the board just couple of questions. Did anyone ever get wetbrain syndrome from binge drinking on the weekends.

Im going through hell ever since that one night.

Initially lost vision, Gained it back withing a few days. Then i got alchoholic Dimentia. Finally ran to the doctro and they gave vitamin b12 shot and vitamin b complex via iv.

But i wake up dizzie and have a lot of shaking, anxiety, My long vision is to a little off. I still get a tad confused and anxiety is really high.. Can anyone tell me how soon for me to feel better?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

I never lost my vision, but when I detoxed, I went through hell for about 3-4 days. Shakes, sweats/cold spells, dizziness. I have an anxiety disorder so mine runs a little high anyways but I haven't noticed it running any higher really. I don't get confused but I have issues with my concentration.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You could go to your doctor and ask, but it sounds like anxiety not Wet Brain.

There is a man in my meetings with Wet Brain and he really has lost the ability to talk, walk, and I suspect from the smell he often pisses himself too. He's lost motor ability, it's like he's having a stroke. It's very extreme, and very sad.

Ask your doctor.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

pretty amazing

Originally Posted by phillip82 View Post
Hi everyone im new to the board just couple of questions. Did anyone ever get wetbrain syndrome from binge drinking on the weekends.
I had a brain MRI a few years back (not sharing details)
but
it will show the dead matter around the brain
we all have some added as we age
but
for the hardcore life long drinker usually much more is shone

if worried I would ask of my doctor for an MRI or CT scan of the brain
pretty amazing what they can do these days

Mountainman
Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Phillip ]

Chances are you wouldn't know anything if you had wet brain - it's a kind of alcoholic dementia (Alcohol-Related Dementia (ARD))
It's pretty hard to confuse that with anything else.

That's not to say you're not doing damage to yourself binging.

I've been both binger and all day drinker.

I think bingers can do more damage to themselves because they drink concentrated amounts in concentrated periods of time.

The earlier you can quit, the less the damage.

D
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

r u still drinking?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That sounds horrific xxxx
Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
r u still drinking?
no way..
Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by sicknote View Post
You could go to your doctor and ask, but it sounds like anxiety not Wet Brain.

There is a man in my meetings with Wet Brain and he really has lost the ability to talk, walk, and I suspect from the smell he often pisses himself too. He's lost motor ability, it's like he's having a stroke. It's very extreme, and very sad.

Ask your doctor.

That is pretty much the truth of it to varying degrees. I worked recently with someone who had Korsakoff's syndrome and he had no short term memory, urinated on himself, stuttered trying to make a sentence. It was not good. You would know if that was what you are dealing with. I would post a link but, I don't know how....just google it though. It is very scary.

Feeling better once your sober just takes time. I had "bad spells" on/off for 3 months after I quit drinking. Thank God it eventually got better. If you feel nervous though talk to your doctor and see what they say.

Jess
Old 03-11-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
r u still drinking?
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Phillip ]

Chances are you wouldn't know anything if you had wet brain - it's a kind of alcoholic dementia (Alcohol-Related Dementia (ARD))
It's pretty hard to confuse that with anything else.

That's not to say you're not doing damage to yourself binging.

I've been both binger and all day drinker.

I think bingers can do more damage to themselves because they drink concentrated amounts in concentrated periods of time.

The earlier you can quit, the less the damage.

D
i did get ARD. i got the begining stages of it. starting to recover. little by little.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Initially lost vision, Gained it back withing a few days. Then i got alchoholic Dimentia. Finally ran to the doctro and they gave vitamin b12 shot and vitamin b complex via iv.

But i wake up dizzie and have a lot of shaking, anxiety, My long vision is to a little off. I still get a tad confused and anxiety is really high.. Can anyone tell me how soon for me to feel better?
I have worked with many people with korsakoff syndrome (used to be a hepatolgy nurse). Go to your gp straight away, we used to treat it with high doses of vitamin b. Please make an appt today.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I second the notion to go see a doctor. We can't really give medical advice here at SR, but I'm sure that if you searched for each symptom that you are feeling, you may see that some are withdrawl and some are anxiety. But only a Dr. can really tell you.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Having dealt with people suffering from that disease, I highly doubt you would be capable of posting if you had it. That being said, if you are worried about the health consequences of your drinking you should definitely discuss it with your health care professional as soon as possible.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree, and by no means am I giving medical advice, I know its forbidden and it could be a multitude of things. But if its upsetting you even going to the dr would bring you reassurance and a proper assessment