Notices

Been a while

Old 03-09-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr B

Been a while

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I've posted here. I hit 95 days last Tuesday... and I am thankful for my sponsor, AA, Fellowship, treatment, and support from my family and this site.

It has been an emotional roller coaster for me these past 95 days. I've gone from being sad to being happy to being emotionally broke down. I tell people in my meetings all the time that it's the emotional sobriety that is really getting to me everyday and some days it really does suck! I have forgiven myself for my path of destruction I've caused and my family well most of them have forgiven me because they see that I'm truly taking things seriously this time around. But I still get sad because I get to thinking about the things I did when I was drinking and can't believe that I did those things. I know If I can just get over this road block of emotions I will be that much better. But I leave it in gods hands to help me lift these emotions from me.

Just wanted to hop on and get that out of my system and say hello to all the great people on here. I'm thankful that you are all here and are willing to listen when you are online. Thank you!

DBJ
Old 03-09-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Good to hear there is progress, healing takes time. I think compassion and acceptance take time to learn
Old 03-09-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting through 95 days sober.

The emotional part of recovery is hard, for sure. For me, it involved (and still involves) a completely different way of looking at myself. I had to force myself to see the positive things in my life, no matter if they seemed small. But, it builds on itself and it will get easier for you. I'm glad you have family support.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on 95 days xxxx
Old 03-10-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Today

The guilt is bad. It eats me up sometimes. I really hope that one day I can be forgiven and forgive myself without dwelling on it. I guess it takes time. I know how you feel. Congrats on 95 days! That really is incredible!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My sponsor told me that in sobriety our emotions are like a rubber band that is plucked the day we get sober. It initially goes from very high to very low amplitude in an extreme high/low pattern, but given time the vibrations even out and the extremes lessen until you're in the middle and experiencing emotions as someone without alcoholism does. It really is a gift to be human and choosing to feel rather than run. Good job and and keep it simple
Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and congratulations. For me when I did certain program steps and worked on them things got a lot better in a shorter time than I expected. Hang in there and pursue loving yourself one day at a time.

BE WELL
Old 03-10-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations on your sobriety.

Early sobriety is a roller coaster of emotions,it takes a while for them to even out.The same as Alcoholism is progressive,so is recovery.

Keep going you are doing great.