Notices

Going to my first meeting tonight

Old 03-09-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Really glad to hear that you enjoyed the meeting Natalie!!

Love V xx
Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My first one is tomorrow Natalie, so glad you posted this message. It makes me feel that little bit less apprehensive too x
Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, everyone was really nice. I kind of hung around after it was over, and three women gave me their contact info, and one woman offered to meet me at a meeting tomorrow. I took her up on it!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Natalie17 View Post
Yes, everyone was really nice. I kind of hung around after it was over, and three women gave me their contact info, and one woman offered to meet me at a meeting tomorrow. I took her up on it!
I've said this in the Class of March thread too; I was really resistant to AA for many years.

I battled through several periods of drinking and then stopping on my own. I've also done a lot of personal work with therapy and books and church (which is a whole other topic). None of them in themselves were completely the answer. I think an integrative approach is the best thing for me. I need the meetings to find some non-drinking people and to remind me what's waiting for me if I go back to drinking. All by itself I'm not sure it would meet all my needs. But that's just me. I'm sure for many people that's all they need, and maybe someday I will stop going. Time will tell.