Notices

Shaking

Old 03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shaking

Big fights this morning at home don't know what to do have a 17 year old who made me cry this morning so my husband gets upset and he approaches her so she swears at him ect then got physical and my other daughter took our car and didn't bring it back till today meant to be back yesterday no one is listening no paying anything towards the house ect my husband has lost it he can't take it anymore and I can't either he wants them out we have little kids that are affected I need some help please I'm 5 days sober today and I always get through the caos but I find a few days later I pick up and I couldn't think of anything worse it will help nothing. Everyone won't listen no point in making them my husband wants them out or pay rent and they said no on both ??? I'm shaking nervous wreck.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Liss. I have no kids, so I can't really offer any words of wisdom other than to stick to this site as i'm sure there are many more experienced parents on here than me.

My friend died last year and between Dad and I, we look after 3 kids, week on, week off. I understand how hard it is to capture attention of everyone when they'r small (youngest bout to turn 5).........when they grow attitudes, I can't imagine.

I'm jst putting my 5 cents in, hopefully someone else will respond to you with much wiser words.

LP
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No is not an answer. Get them out and change the locks. It's done.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If they're both over 18 you have every right to kick them out. If they don't want to go that's too bad. Pack their bags and tell them to go. You don't need any more chaos in your life.

And whatever you do, don't drink!

Old 03-09-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

liss ~ I know how awful it is to deal with family fights. And I'm so sorry your daughter made you cry. Sending love your way.

So one is 17, and the other is around 21 right?
Tough ages. Loads of drama.
Do you think it would be possible to wait until everyone is a little calmer, and then sit down together and revisit this? If you and your husband want the girls to pay rent, then they need to hear you.

Right now, try and take some deep breaths.
Are you going to a meeting this morning? You may already be there.
Good. And you have numbers to call hun...

Love V xx
Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Teenagers are very difficult to live with at times. But, I'm not sure you can put a 17 year old out of the house. Have you considered counselling as a family to try to find ways to communicate and work together? I hope you can find some peace.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The best thing I can say is this: breathe. Breathe. Know that this horrible moment will pass. Let the chaos settle down and then talk about it when everyone is less elevated - at least you and your husband. Make a game plan. If it's possible, see a counselor or therapist to help make a plan if it feels totally overwhelming. I know from your other posts that often drinking comes after family fights so call your sponsor and get to a meeting if possible.

The main thing is to realize that the moments when everything goes to hell do pass and calmer moments are times to make some decisions.

Hang in there, Liss.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes if nothing changes nothing changes the last thing I want is to kick my kids out we have tried and tried but it's always the same I'm at the end.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hear you. You are out of patience with them.
Perhaps family counselling could really help love.
Even if you and your husband just want to talk to someone, and get a little advice here.

There is an awesome free service ADIS 1800 177 833. That is the Qld number. The counsellors are lovely.

Love V xx
Old 03-09-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I hear you. You are out of patience with them. Perhaps family counselling could really help love. Even if you and your husband just want to talk to someone, and get a little advice here. Love V xx
Yes well he's coming home with a contract and youngest is on probation and yes I'm all for help xxxx
Old 03-09-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I amended my post, and added a free number you can call if you like.
This service has been incredibly helpful to me for a long time now.

V xx
Old 03-09-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry about this liss.

I have no advice either, not being a parent, but I agree with you it's really important not to scare the little ones.

the really important thing for you is to stay sober right now. Drinking on things like this helps nothing.

Lifeline (13 11 14) can be a good resource for help and support...and Parentline may be useful too?

http://www.parentline.com.au/getting...e-can-help.php
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you helps that I can call people xxx
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Been sitting in silence and reading my angel book