Notices

Greetings. I am a mess.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome. Sending you all the empathy and love I can through an online post. Trust the words you are reading here and start gathering information on recovery. Do you see a therapist? A grief counselor may be good for you. You sound like you have terrible and longstanding untreated depression. Hope to see you post more.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
living sober

Hello Jay,

welcome to the forum. You've received lots of good advice and TL&C already, however I would like to share the link to a thread by a lady named DG0409 who very eloquently shared her amazing journey to sobriety here at SR. It's called 'Quitting Drinking'.

I'm only starting out as well and to me it is one of the most touching and inspiring reads. She really turned her life around.

Here it is: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-drinking.html (I don't know if there's a more elegant way to post it, sorry).

Never give up hope and glad you joined us.
Julia
Old 03-10-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The MOST important thing you can do is stop drinking, then get playing music and doing art again. I am a musician who has taught a lot of people who are older than you are when they started and are now really fine players and can make money doing music. You can totally do that too but not with alcohol in the way. It has been hard for me to give it up too, but the best way for,me of getting thru it is to go practice and write when feel tempted to visit the liquor store.