Notices

Quit while its not to late

Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quit while its not to late

Im new to this site. I guess you could say im a recovering alcoholic. Im just 20 years old and because of my abuse of alcohol i am im a situation that ruined any of my future career plans and nearly killed me and someone else. I had never takin a drink of alcohol until i got into college. At first it was just something i did to fit and and have "fun". Then it turned inti a problem. I quit school after a year because i was to busy getting drunk 4 or 5 times a week at least. I refused to admit that alcohol was causing me problems in every area of my life. Eventually i would drink with the purpose to black out because i was so unhappy with my life. I blamed others for my problems when really i was the one to blame. One night i blacked out and woke up in a hospital. Turns out i had gotten into my car and drove and struck another car head on. Thank God i didnt kill someone or severly injure anybody. I cant go into to much detail because im involved in a legal case that could end up with a fair amount of jail or prison time. I never thought i could do something like this but alcohol will only change lives for the worst. I never want to touch it again but i know that someday in the future the temptation will still be there. I guess what im sayin is that alcohol addiction doesnt only affect the life of the user but of others around him or her also. I know that being young may make you feel invincible because i sure thought i was. Now i have to live with this for the rest of my life. So if you are young and stumble on to this post and you think there is even a possibility that you have a problem with alcohol please seek help right away. There is so much more to life than the next drink or the next binge.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site! I am glad that you decided to share. There are a lot of really caring people on here! I am glad you are working to quit drinking, it has so many bad consequences and I can attest to that. Keep on doing what you are doing and take it one step at a time!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A sobering reminder of the effects of being drunk.
Thank you, and welcome to the site.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Your post is very insightful and helpful. It seems awful for you now with potential jail etc but you are young enough to turn your life around and have a healthy,happy productive life. Wishing you well
Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Savedbygrace xxxxxx
Old 03-10-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, you have a lot on your plate. I'm sorry that alcohol has ruined your life. I too have had several DUI's through out my illustrious drinking career and like you thank God no one was hurt. What a strange disease that after hitting bottom it still wants us dead. I have urges still after everything I've done to myself and those around me. It truly pisses me off that I still think about drinking. I play the tape and all of the consequences resurface to make me say "are you kidding you want to go down that path again" and I stop. Thank you for your post and keep coming back.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post and great reminder of where drinking can bring people. I hope you continue to take care of yourself