Notices

Sober nights

Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Sober nights

...are definitely easier. WAY easier. Not entirely a non-issue yet, but almost. I choose to not drink; the alcohol does not choose me right now. It's amazing how you can just as easily find motivations to NOT do things as to do them, like work, health, fitness, control, peace and clarity of mind, etc.

A few weeks ago, I didn't care. I'd drink on a work night (only to be hung over the next morning and feel like crap physically and emotionally all day, among other things like disgusting and guilty), not eat and/or work out like hell in the gym to burn off the alcohol calories, self-harm because I felt like sh!t about what I would do when I would lose control, and be totally mentally clouded about most things. Things have been different, and better.

I posted a thread the other day that got a few people pretty flustered, so I haven't posted in a couple days or commented. Just wanted to post about my current status because it feels good.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you FlygirlJ! Keep on rockin.

I also used to exercise really hard. I think perhaps now it was a trigger for me because I would get back then say "you can do what you want you just ran for 2hrs" then the drinking would start.

I am glad however now that I have stopped my health has gone up even another few notches and I believe I've been very lucky so far with this my first week for... I don't know.. ever? I don't hit the cardio so hard now but feel much much better after a workout.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im pretty much feeling the same way. Im going on 4 months sober and things are getting easier. I think about drinking less and less. I wish I could find motivation to work out though. I have actually gained weight since I quit drinking. Congrats on your progress so far.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I find the sober nights (and days) are so much easier on me. No sickness, no regrets, no waking up hating myself. I'll take the sober life any day.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For about 3 yrs I had a hangover every morning at work, and just to see the difference being Sober, it's like day and night.

I wouldn't worry about the past, that includes previous posts, only the here and now, I think most of us have bigger problems like remaining Sober than getting worried about something posted!

Keep pushing through!!