Notices

Other addictions !!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Other addictions !!!!

Been off Facebook for a few days and it's hard lol but much needed !!! Cause I'm worth it haha. People have been saying have you seen this seen that ?? I'm like no no no lol I'm off Facebook their like WHAT so funny but it's really good for me not to be on it I know it for sure it sends me nuts because I feel not normal, and seeing pics and stories of yeah Friday night having dinner wines ect could go on so yep I'm glad
Old 03-08-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I only post photos of my dogs and daughter's art work on Fbook but some people love to share their every thought, don't get it! Hope you are doing ok Liss, you are in my thoughts lovely xxx
Old 03-08-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what you mean!! Today my Facebook is full of Fri/Sat night posts!! . . . not too sure why people think other people want or need to see what they are eating or drinking!!

So I'd say it's a wise move for the time being liss!! . . . hope your doing well!!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I quit Facebook about 3 years ago. Don't miss it in the least. Especially when one is vulnerable, it is drama you don't need. And when you aren't vulnerable it's mostly just a waste of time anyway.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it's inane, like twitter, and have never used it. Last thing I need is to waste my time on all that, not to mention having folks from high school look you up. Linked In is bad enough but at least it has some merit within the scope of work and career. Not to say I don't have other behavioral obsessions, I think we all do when coming out of a substance addiction.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

If there is a God, and if there is a Heaven, some of us will be met at the Pearly Gates with, "Sorry, I saw your Facebook page."
Old 03-08-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
orangutan

Never been on facebook but I am addicted to this sight.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I started a facebook account once and then deleted it an hour later.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
If there is a God, and if there is a Heaven, some of us will be met at the Pearly Gates with, "Sorry, I saw your Facebook page."

Old 03-08-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
thats gold !!!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Try reading In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts, by Gabor Mate. It will help you understand behavioral and substance addictions and how to determine them. I have many.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh I hate FB!!! Just posted this on another thread:

I avoided FB once I got sober -find it too full of egocentric people pretending their lives are perfect and it is full of triggers. Many people on FB aren't real friends anyway imo so I prefer to be choosy as to who knows my business
Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

On Facebook for family and friends from various stages of my life. When my cousin was brain dead his mother could post on Facebook once knowing we'd all see it. Twitter is my addiction. News junkie to begin with I followed Arab Spring, Egypt, Tunisia, Ukraine etc. Currently keeping up to date on the missing Malaysian aircraft as well. And don't get in the way of my Dodger games lol
Old 03-09-2014, 12:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I dislike facebook very much. So impersonal. Whatever happened to birthday cards? Not Facebook messages.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning Liss,

Isn't it funny how when we are alcoholics we also tend to have other addictive things we do too? Your doing great!

Keep it up!!!

Matt
Old 03-09-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheebiechi View Post
Morning Liss, Isn't it funny how when we are alcoholics we also tend to have other addictive things we do too? Your doing great! Keep it up!!! Matt
Yeah I know, I really feel it's for the best my emotions are all over the place and going on FB can really affect me and could lead me to picking up I'm just not that strong first thing I did for myself in a while.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was never and will never be a fan of facebook, I have some friends that ding ding goes there phone and they are typing/posting right in the middle of our conversation. ugh!!

Well how about u do something else for yourself to celebrate getting off it, like maybe a walk, nice piece of pie, new shirt, new book....I try to do little things for myself when I do a healthy change in my recovery.

Matt
Old 03-09-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheebiechi View Post
I was never and will never be a fan of facebook, I have some friends that ding ding goes there phone and they are typing/posting right in the middle of our conversation. ugh!! Well how about u do something else for yourself to celebrate getting off it, like maybe a walk, nice piece of pie, new shirt, new book....I try to do little things for myself when I do a healthy change in my recovery. Matt
Yes I went for a walk along the beach this arvo and kicked footy with the kids was fun needed fresh air
Old 03-09-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sounds fun!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Facebook: Where everyone knows my name and face, but no one knows my story.

Sober Recovery: Where everyone knows my story, but no one knows my name or face.