Notices

I am hurting really bad right now

Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You'll push through. Well done and big hugs xxxxxxx
Old 03-07-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Are you trying to do it by yourself??? I couldn't stop and kept slipping and sliding and then went to AA and I will be sober one month tomorrow. Maybe you could try some meetings. Let the miracle happen. All you have to do is turn up.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The amazing thing is that I know ive finally found the answer, my way out of this personal hell. You can too.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, GEAH. I hope you get through this tough time.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I think the advice and wisdom in this thread is amazing. We start from where we are, and the starting place tends to be full of pain that we've been avoiding or deferring for years. There is some relief in just facing it honestly, in being genuine in our lives for the first time in what feels like forever. It is so hard, so sad, so overwhelming. Day by day is the only way through it as far as I can see. You are made of stronger stuff than you realize and you will get through this, and some day may look back at this horrible time as a blessing. As the moment your life started again. The one thing I've learned is that change is possible, in our selves, in the people in our lives, in our situations. Keep walking forward - it is going to get you to a different place.

Hang in there and be gentle with yourself.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
Are you trying to do it by yourself??? I couldn't stop and kept slipping and sliding and then went to AA and I will be sober one month tomorrow. Maybe you could try some meetings. Let the miracle happen. All you have to do is turn up.
Hi, no, I am in IOP and also go to AA and am on Antabuse right now. I am slowly but surely building up support and my group helped me sort through my feelings a bit today. Feeling really lucky today to have new people to lift me up when I need them. =) (and that i can help them as well)
Old 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've been feeling bad GEAH.

I agree with everyone here - work on yourself and your recovery first because I found thats what everything else depends on.

glad you seem to feel a little better today

D
Old 03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

G&H - I was/am going through almost the same thing you're describing. The pain seems to be unbearable. I found hanging around meetings and other sober people helped a lot. I cried a lot and wanted to hide from the world. This board helped a lot. Being able to talk to people who understand what you're going through and getting advice on how they got through it. Hang in there.. it's worth it not to drink.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I went through a similar thing several years ago. I had to endure a major loss in my life. I was so upset that I was in such emotional pain, that it became physical pain. At times, I would be doubled over in extreme pain. I couldn't believe how much physical pain I was in. I remember standing in a lawyers office, and felt so distraught I stood at a window, and imagined myself jumping. It was such a peaceful feeling. Luckily, my family was there, and I thought about what it would do to them. That snapped me out of it. Looking back, it was probably the best thing that could of happened, because I got the help I needed and was much stronger for the experience. Try using the pain you are feeling and draw strength from it. Use it to your advantage. It's a growing experience, as painful as it is. Take care.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

This sounds like me last May. I'm ashamed to say I didn't have your strength and I let my life spiral out of control for the past 10 months.

Stay strong and I'm sorry for your pain.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi GEAH,

Glad to see you here again, but I'm sorry you're hurting. Sending you hugs,

June
Old 03-08-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You sound like such a kind caring person GEAH. You care about what's happened so that shows the good in you. I think from your last post you know what the best thing for you is at the moment and that is to heal yourself, and we do all care x
Old 03-08-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Way to speak up Greeneggs. Before I relapsed over a year ago, I wasn't brave enough to do that. Kudos to you for being honest and open even when hard to do so. NOW that's STRENGTH! In your moment of despair, your post has helped me work through a rough day.