Notices

Do i really have a problem?

Old 03-07-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Today

You know, I know a few people who do not have a drinking problem. They drink one or two drinks (or even none) and are finished. Soooo, that's not an answer but something to consider.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi seemfine! Welcome!

I was a lot like this (except older). I would be good during the week for work and then come the weekend I would go berserk.

I got to AA now and I love it. I've learned that it is not what you drink or how much you drink but how it makes you feel and what happens to you that is the problem.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've always heard that people who don't have a problem don't sit around wondering if they have a problem.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SeemFine

if you use the words self destructive to describe your drinking (I did too) then yeah - it's time to look at it

I'm glad you found us

D
Old 03-07-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome SeemFine! You sounds like me - I was a binge drinker first (with periods of non drinking in between) and I always thought I just had a problem with moderation, because it wasn't like I had to drink every day.

If you are anything like me and you keep this up though, you will see that soon it (the binge drinking) becomes an almost every day thing, as your tolerance builds. It took me over 8 YEARS between when I first registered here and now - to finally do something about it. Wasted time! What I would give to have those years sober. I am proud of you for thinking about this NOW instead of waiting! Good luck!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm still toying with that idea as well. "Im so young, Im suppose to slip up and get too drunk sometimes." These are the lies that go in and out of my head. Im 23 and I had to totally change the way I look at alcohol. For some people its not a big deal. They can stop whenever. For me it is a different situation. I cant stop. I tried but I cant. Try talking to therapist and go from there. You don't want this to turn in something worst.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

In AA no one will say you are an alcoholic. This is something only you can decide but if you are you will fine a home like no other.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I can't judge others for their possible problem drinking (though I have in the past because I was projecting), but I can say this site is a great resource.

Glad you're here, SeemFine.