SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Help i screwed up! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/324942-help-i-screwed-up.html)

countrygirl2014 03-05-2014 07:54 PM

Help i screwed up!

I screwed up and drank tonight and I want it to go away

Forghetti35 03-05-2014 07:59 PM

Can you reach out to a sober friend? We'll be here for you when you start tomorrow! Don't beat yourself up into depression. U show strength immediately acknowledging your error.

not2late 03-05-2014 08:01 PM

I screwed up yesterday so today was yet another day one. Keep trying. Never give up.

countrygirl2014 03-05-2014 08:11 PM

Ok ok.., I just had to see how serious this was. It is. I'm going to try to sleep and just dream of how awesome I felt earlier...before I sipped.

shirlygirly 03-05-2014 08:25 PM

I've been there plenty of times, countrygirl. I had probably 100 day ones before I actually got sober. I'd always end up drunk after swearing it off, with no clue how I let it happen.

I'm now coming up on a year in two weeks, so I promise you you can do it. Hang in there and post tomorrow when you get up. What did it for me was reaching out to a sober acquaintance, showing up at an AA meeting, putting my hand up and asking for a sponsor.

Raider 03-05-2014 08:39 PM

Get back on that horse ������������������������

matt4x4 03-05-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 (Post 4510710)
I screwed up and drank tonight and I want it to go away

Good for you. However no one can really help you once you have taken that drink. You have already believe a lie that it is going to be different this time. But since this is internet, hopefully you will sober up and read this. But normally if you called me up on my cell phone after you have taken a drink, I can not help you, sorry. But like I said this is different.

So you drank tonight. Same old same old. You want to get sober but you do not know what to do, right? I know of a solution that has worked for me and countless millions of other alcoholics just like you and me. Its called ALcoholics anonymous. We work on the 12 steps, this is the original 12 steps. Everyone else copies the AA program, changing one word............ALCOHOL. why do they copy AA, because AA works. It has a more then 75% success rate. The best odds I have seen around, anywhere. I suggest you go check out AA, go to a few meetings, buy a Big Book our basic text book, start reading the stories in theback. Get a sponsor, someone who can help you go through all 12 steps as layed out in the Big Book. This is life or death so we do not delay. We do not take our time, we get to it....action and more action. Tell me this, does a cancer patient wait to feel better, get comfortable, drink endless amount of coffee, get some friends, do 90 meetings in 90 days then call up the doctor for chemotherapy? No Way. We get to it right away, same with booze. Anyway i am tempted to go on and on, but its getting close to my bedtime, I have to wind-down and go to sleep so I can go to school tomorrow. Amazing aint it, I am the oldest guy in my class. This is what happens when we have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. Miracles and dreams happen when we have achieved sobriety. Just being sober is easy, not drinking is just the start. Putting down the bottle has nothing to do with our problem at hand. It is our thinking and attitudes that must change. It must or it kills us. Simple isnt it. I wish you the best of luck. Go see a doctor, go to a detox facility. Get some help. Alcoholics Anonymous only works if you work it. Countless "members' in AA dont work anything, no steps, no nothing, they just go to meetings. Meetings keep no one sober. It is working the steps as its layed out in our primary text book called the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous that keeps us sober. However this is just one program that is highly successful. You are welcome to try out the other programs out there. Not too sure of what all they are. SMART recovery is one that comes to mind, not as widespread as AA. Church has helped a few people. Working out. Moving to a different area. Yoga. Travelling. Women. Men. Family. Birth. Dogs. Cats. Pin Therapy.

Have a Good Night.

Remember this.

If you dont drink

You dont get drunk.

dasautobatgirl 03-05-2014 08:51 PM

you have no idea how brave you are.

Dee74 03-05-2014 09:52 PM

The best thing to do is to get back up, dust yourself down, and look at where you went wrong. Learn the lessons you need from this, then keep marching forward CG :)

D

SillyString 03-05-2014 10:04 PM

Countrygirl,
The good news is, you can choose to not let this derail you. Tomorrow is a new day. Remember, sober felt good. You can do it!

Seawife 03-05-2014 10:23 PM

It took me a few years to completely clean up. For on thing-I was facing three months in jail since I had been busted for my second OUI. My boyfriend wouldn't stop. I finally gave him a choice, and of course, you know he didn't pick me. So out the door I went with all my belongings on Monday morning. I was a house cleaner and had lost my license. I had to go to meetings with no ride. The town I lived in didn't have cabs to get to the buss line.

countrygirl2014 03-06-2014 06:39 PM

Hi guys! Day one again. I am reading through what y' all wrote me after I passed out. Thank you sooo much. Stupid stupid me. Today was a huge waste. Headache, tired...you know how it is. I can't wait to get some time under my belt now. The way I felt after just two days of not drinking was way better than drunk.

Hevyn 03-06-2014 06:44 PM

Sometimes we need further proof of what it does to us. Now you'll be even more determined. Proceed. :)

matt4x4 03-06-2014 06:57 PM

Yes, some more expirementation. Might be good to get a case of the gitters indeed. To really see how deadly this disease is before you take it serious enough to actually work at it.

least 03-06-2014 07:05 PM

Forgive yourself, learn from it, and move forward again. :) Never give up!

Bruce292 03-06-2014 07:51 PM

Even though you drank you're right there with yourself. The alcohol will leave your system and you'll be blessed with the dawn of a new day. Forgive yourself and move forward.

Looking4Help123 03-06-2014 07:56 PM

countrygirl you are so brave. getup, learn, move forward.

countrygirl2014 03-07-2014 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 4512558)
Sometimes we need further proof of what it does to us. Now you'll be even more determined. Proceed. :)

You just used the words I've been looking for.

countrygirl2014 03-07-2014 03:43 AM

Good morning day 2. Good morning everyone. I'm getting back to where I'm supposed to be again. I'm gonna end this thread here by saying thank you sooooo much! I figured out the chat room now, I learned a lesson (drunk feels like death) and I'm in a much better, rested mental state. Let's do this!!

FreeOwl 03-07-2014 04:04 AM

hey countrygirl.... go back up and read what matt said up there ^^^.

;)

I agree with him fully.

I'm glad you came back here and told us about your slip, and I'm glad you're back on the path.

Get workin' actively on recovery and it won't have to happen again.

:ring